Missouri-St Louis

flowers and tables linen/decor

I just wanted to ask everyone how much they are spending on flowers and table linens and docorations.  I am paying for all of this myself so I am on a tighter budget for these items.  How much did you spend on flowers and decorations.  If any good places around st. louis and fairview heights area please let me know!
Thank You!
Mandi

Re: flowers and tables linen/decor

• edited December 2011
    My reception linens come with the venue, but as far as centerpieces, I think I bought everything I need for about $75. I got vases at a dollar store, bought petals online, and am using candles from a friend's wedding...can definitely do it pretty inexpensively!
  • edited December 2011

Two words: HOBBY LOBBY

They always run stuff on sale. I just got a bunch of wedding stuff for 50% off.

"I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • edited December 2011
    I bought 20 vases at Dollar Tree, 20 white pillar candles at Dollar Tree, 6 pkgs of votives at Hobby Lobby (using 40% off they were less than $3 per pkg of 12), and I am getting rose petals from the person doing our flowers.  I don't want a lot of flowers, so all together it will cost me less than $75 for 20 tables.  I also bought some damask packaging tape to decorate my vases and votive holders if I want.

My linens are provided by the reception venue.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_flowers-tables-linendecor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:9c3c8014-70ba-4e47-817f-2b271d8004dfPost:a2c2f460-841c-4f2a-b1b2-b327ff5e289d">Re: flowers and tables linen/decor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two words: HOBBY LOBBY They always run stuff on sale. I just got a bunch of wedding stuff for 50% off.
    Posted by StLerin[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly.  No one cares if you have colored linens.  Really.  Find something unique to use for centerpieces on sale at HL and go for it.</div>
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards