May 2012 Weddings
Options

Question!

Ok...soo we have a 10 or 11 year old ring bearer..we asked him if he wanted to be a groomsman and he said no, he wanted to be a ring bearer..

soo now his mom is worried that ring bearer is for little kids..and she would like for him to be called a junior groomsmen.. 

I could care less what he is called..BUT is junior groomsman the correct term? 

he is still going to be holding the rings, but we just need an *age appropriate* name.....lol

Re: Question!

• Options
    I would say that if he wants to be a ring bearer than call him a ring bearer.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So I looked this up and found several I thought would work.

Groom's Boy
    Best Boy
    Groom's Attendant
    Junior Groomsmen
    Mini Groomsmen

And this I thought was just really cute Groom's Stunt Double
  • Options
    I also agree that if he wants to be a ringbearer & has the duties of a ringbearer, then just call him a ringbearer :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, i say let the kid be called what he wants to be called.  i don't know why the kid's mom cares.
  • Options
    Call him ring security :) I am sure he will get a kick out of that. I have seen cute badges & shirts for it.
  • Options
    I personally feel that "junior groomsman" sounds younger than "ring bearer"
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
  • Options
    if he has the rings then he's the ring bearer...our flowergirls are 10 and 12...so I think it's fine. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options

I agree.  He should be a ring bearer.

• Options
    My Half sister was a Flower girl at 10, shes a jr. bridesmaid in our wedding, and shes now 13....I think the pretweens  you have some wiggle room...if he's cool with being a ringbearer thats great...his mom is overreacting especially if he hasnt said he doesnt want to be called tham himself, (My half-sister is essentially a flowergirl, but farrrr too grown up for that THIS year!-teenagers... and we have another much younger flowergirl who she didnt want to be compared to and I dont blame her, but shes too small to match the bridesmaids since we couldnt find thier dress any smaller, so we opted for jr and are letting her pick her own green dress)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I think if he wants to be called a RB then let him, explain it to his mom.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards