DC
Options

Mountain/outdoor E-Pic locations?

Hey Everyone!
We are having our engagement shots taken in a few weeks and we need some serious help coming up with a location.  We are both big on the outdoors (he proposed at the top of Old Rag) and ideally would love to do a photo shoot on a hiking trail/mountain over look but we are having a hard time coming up with locations that aren't too far from NoVa and are easy access... Any thoughts?
Also - I have no clue...whatsoever... as to what to wear, so your wardrobe tips are much, much appreciated!
Thanks!!!!!

Re: Mountain/outdoor E-Pic locations?

• Options
    SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just talked to FI about where he and the BM go hiking every couple of weeks.  He gave two suggestions.

Fountain Head Park is pretty but there are no mountains.
    Sky LIne Drive is about an hour or so west of the Woodbridge area and there are mountains and trails, etc.  I am not sure if that is what you were looking for but those are some of his suggestions.

Also Prince William Forest Park near Exit 150 on I95 in VA has some really cool hiking trails and stuff.  There is a river flowing right through the park too so you might be able to get some pretty nifty shots.

Hope this helps! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rmichalakrmichalak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our at Manassas Battlefield. Skyline Drive would be very pretty as well.
    I wore jeans and a nice top. Good luck and have fun!
    Rebecca & Matt...June 26, 2010 My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The AT runs down through MD west of Frederick and on into VA in Western Loudoun.  There is a spot called Bear's Den in Bluemont, VA; it's an easy hike up, and at the top there is an overlook into the valley with a pretty good view.  I'm pretty sure they also have a visitor center that's really close to the overlook area, and possibly several other trails surrounding the lodge. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards