North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Kid-friendly reception site

Hello all!

I am in the very early stages of wedding planning (engaged less than two weeks!).  We are looking at or around June 23, 2012.  One of the first things that I want to nail down is the reception venue.  We are looking at doing a small, family-only ceremony and then having a casual-ish, kid-friendly, rip roaring party so having them at the same place is not a must have. 

My FI would be happy with a bbq and access to a pool for the kids.  I am looking at going a little less casual than that, but not much (and supervised swimming is not out of the question).  I am also looking for something a little different than your average reception.  We both agree that it needs to be alcohol friendly and we are looking at maybe between 100 and 150 guests. 

Some of my favorite posibilities so far are the Natural Science Museum and Marbles Kids Museum.  I like those options because again they are a little different and kid-friendly environments.  I am not, however, attached to the museum idea-I just find it to be an intriguing option. 

We are in Alamance County so Burlington and Greensboro are also options for us. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!

Stef & Jim

Re: Kid-friendly reception site

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards