Wedding Woes
Options

Wedding Venue is shutting it's doors, less than 5 months till the wedding

I'm photographing a wedding for a good friend Sarah, whos fiance Jason is a musician and often plays at The Southgate House in Newport, Kentucky. They we're to have the wedding there because it not only held sentimental value, but goes with their rock and roll themed wedding.

Yesterday, the historic music venue Southgate House announced it was closing its doors on January 1st. This not only upsets everyone involved in the wedding, but leaves the bride and groom without a location to have the rock and roll wedding of their dreams. Funds are too low for locations of similar size and just doesn't seem feasible given that the wedding is in April!

I know i'm the photographer, but I want to do all that I can to help out this couple. Nobody should be deprived of having a wedding of they're dreams!

Re: Wedding Venue is shutting it's doors, less than 5 months till the wedding

• Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_wedding-venue-shutting-its-doors-less-5-months-till-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:dc6cc0fa-ed38-4617-af0b-c1919169b6c8Post:b966decf-75ee-47a8-8e00-8b5ab006d52f">Wedding Venue is shutting it's doors, less than 5 months till the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm photographing a wedding for a good friend Sarah, whos fiance Jason is a musician and often plays at The Southgate House in Newport, Kentucky. They we're to have the wedding there because it not only held sentimental value, but goes with their rock and roll themed wedding. Yesterday, the historic music venue Southgate House announced it was closing its doors on January 1st. This not only upsets everyone involved in the wedding, but leaves the bride and groom without a location to have the rock and roll wedding of their dreams. Funds are too low for locations of similar size and just doesn't seem feasible given that the wedding is in April! I know i'm the photographer, but I want to do all that I can to help out this couple. Nobody should be deprived of having a wedding of they're dreams!
    Posted by sBcphotography[/QUOTE]

That sucks.  Post this on the local KY board, they may have suggestions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards