Canada-Ontario
Options

Davids Bridal Mississauga

Has anyone gone dress shopping here? I didn't even know their was DB In Mississauga until yesterday. The person who told me is a MOB and said that when her daughter was trying on dresses she asked to try on a sheath style dress and was told that "those were for second weddings" and she shouldn't wear it.

Any other experiences?
Anniversary

Re: Davids Bridal Mississauga

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't but a friend of mine did - she had a great experience with the person who helped her.  Even suggested to try on a style she wasn't crazy about - turns out it was 'the one'.  I plan on going there myself to check it out some time in September or October.
  • Options
    achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome, thanks. Now that I know it's there I might go check it out once I'm ready to go dress shopping.

Anniversary
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just know that the quality at DB isn't as high as some bridal stores, however, it is a good way to spend less on a dress.  I have heard horror stories about altering both wedding and bridesmaid dresses there, so I would suggest using an outside seamstress.
  • Options
    achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live a good 45 minutes outside of Mississauga so if I ordered my dress there I would definitely be going elsewhere for alterations. Same deal for BM dresses.

I figured the quality wouldn't be as great as Maggie Sottero for example, but I don't see any harm in checking it out if I can save some cash.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a fantastic experience there! That said mine is a second wedding... The sales associate was so great that when I went to their Scarborough store because they actualy had my size in stock I made sure they give her the commission when I bought it.
    The dresses are affordable and you get a nice experience. They actually cared about getting to know more about my wedding and my vision.
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out http:\\www.thebridesproject.com.   They're pretty inexpensive as well.  But if you want to stay in the Mississauga area, go see Elizabeth Stuart Discount Bridal in Mississauga on Tomken Rd and Matheson.  My girlfriend got hers there for $200.      
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did not have the best experience when I went there. Some of the sales people were not very friendly!!! However, their prices are great and they have some great dresses!!!! I went to Bridal and Beyond in Mississauga and enjoyed my experience there!!! They have a terrific seamstress there!! Good luck with dress shopping :)))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on a few dresses at the David's Bridal in Mississauga and had a great experience.  I wasn't sure what to expect at first but they were very helpful and knowledgeable!  I'm going to look at some other places (especially Bridal and Beyond now - thanks Princess!!) but I would be perfectly alright purchasing my dress there.
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    edited December 2011
    As well, if you don't mind traveling to the Brampton area, go see Bea Shawn Fashions.  Their service is great and the alterations are free if you order a gown through them.  If you buy off the sample rack, the alterations are extra.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bea Shawn is amazing!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from a DB over the river, and had a great experience. 

As for the dress not being as high quality, in my opinion, for a dress I'm going to wear for a maximum of maybe 14 hours (ok, I'll be honest, and likely vacuum my house in at least once after the wedding), they're just as beautiful as any other dress I tried on elsewhere.  Yes, the fine details and hand-worked workmanship may not be there, but I know my dress isn't going to fall apart on me, and unless I told someone, they're not going to have any idea the dress is from DB.

For 400.00 for the dress, crinoline and tax, who am I to argue?

Alterations there are rediculous though (at least in the states) so I would recommend an outside seamstress as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
  • Options
    ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a terrible experience there... The woman would only show me dress they had in my size (14) at the store not anything that could be ordered in my size like every other store i have been to. She totally dismissed me when i asked to see other dresses not in my size. And when i mentioned a convertible dress i saw on the website, she said that it was poorly done and didn't looked and refused to let me try it on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT GO!!!!!! Oh my god, they are SO rude!! I hated every minute I was in there. Even my Fiance thought the girl was a b!tch! (And he's the sweetest guy ever)..

I wouldn't reccomend them EVER
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    edited December 2011

I may be a little late for this post.... but David's Bridal in Mississauga was great!
    The girls there are so nice and the prices are AMAZING!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I bought my mom a dress from there for my wedding.  Service was pretty good.  We ended up settling on a dress style and trying them in two different colours.  Unfortunately they didn't have the colour she settled on in her size so we had to go to their Scarborough location.  It's too bad they couldn't send it over like other stores. 
    While I was there I also had a look at their veils.  I wasn't impressed at all.  Thought the quality looked cheap and noticed that the majority were made in China.  You would think that meant lower prices but apparently not.  Ended up getting a much higher quality veil with Swarovski crystals for just a fraction of their price. 
  • Options
    I had a great experience at the Scarborough store with my initial appointment (at which I purchased "the one,") a bridezilla moment (when I thought I was having second thoughts and came back, tried on a bunch of other dresses only to realize that my original dress was still "the one"), alterations to the beaded bodice of my dress, as well as a veil exchange. And I totally agree with meima, for a dress you'll wear for one day, most of their dresses are beautiful enough. 

But yeah, their veils are ridiculously overpriced. I refused to spend $250 on a veil (the average price there, it seems) when the dress itself was $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards