Chit Chat
Options

can Brides make toasts at their own weddings?

so.... I was just thinking can or should a Bride make a toast at her own wedding or is that taboo? I think i have seen people do it but im not sure. i would like totake the time to say a few words f thanks to the parents and loving words to my new husband. but.... we are having a wedding n vegas at the WYNN and its not tradional so we r having the reception at a restaurant in the WYNN. the dinner is only from 630 to 9 and e have the best man speech, my sister, my maid of honor and Bryan( fi) to get through. whatcha think?

Re: can Brides make toasts at their own weddings?

• Options
    i plan to do a short one, to thank the friends and family that are there to share that special day with us! to probably also say few words to my new husband!
  • Options
    It's fine to take the time to stand up and say welcome and thank you to your guests for coming and all that, but it's not ok to toast yourselves. 
  • Options
    I would not think it unseemly to thank your guests for coming.  But the "loving words" to your new DH, I think would be more appropriate during the ceremony.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I do want to hear loving words at a wedding.  I said loving words at my own wedding.  My children said loving words at their weddings.  I assume my parents said loving words at their wedding.

I just don't see the need to make people sit through yet another speech (assuming there will be speeches by honor attendants and perhaps at least one parent already) when you've already said "loving words" during the ceremony.

Too many speeches=boring.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You have a lot of speakers. That can get boring really fast. There's no inherent issue with the Bride saying a few words. I would just keep it to a couple sentences and perhaps break up the speeches and keep them all relatively short.
  • Options
    I'm planning on saying something, but it's a welcome, thank-you type thing. 
  • Options
    I think the loving words to your new husband would be lovely at the ceremony, and as far as thanking the guests, you will be speaking to all of the individually because they will all want the chance to congratulate you. I would take that opportunity to thank them for their support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards