Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Newbie Post

Hi all!

I just got engaged on NYE and am so excited to start planning my dream wedding! I haven't done any research, so any recommendations on vendors are welcome. I want to stay in the Cincinnati area and we're shooting for end of 2013.

Thanks!!!

Re: Newbie Post

• Options
    welcome! i'm getting married in 2012 and almost have all of my vendors booked so feel free to ask for advice and/or opinions when you narrow your choices down. do you have any venues in mind? i've found this board really helpful for candid opinions on vendors as well as advice. good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats! First things first- set a budget, then you need to book your venues. Great news is, you've got a little under two years to plan. So, do a lot of research, and talk it out with your FI to see what kind of church/reception/whatever you want that is within budget. After doing so, come back and see us- we'll be thrilled to help with vendors and such! Good luck and happy planning!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Strongly agree with PP:  set your budget!  Be as conservative as possible because there always seem to be hidden costs.  It's good you're looking for late in the year when you might get venue discounts.  Another great site is The Knot's Wedding Channel.com; vendors are reviewed there and it's a wealth of information.  Welcome aboard and congrats!  Ask us anything - we're full of opinions!
  • Options
    Congrats! I pretty much have all my vendors booked as well. Would love to help!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Everyone here is pretty helpful. Ask away!
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    i suggest (based on using them and loving them):

kroger for flowers
    brideface or marxeymakeup for makeup (both are fab. just price difference)
    dj cincy entertainment for music
    rachel spears photography for pics (incredible)
    spoon fulla sugar for cake

i did a lot DIY and used a private venue. good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards