ceremony-- some flowers over an arch
maybe some on a few aisles
15 centerpieces
5 boutonnieres
brides bouquet
5 bridesmaids
1 flowergirl
maybe 4 corsages
do you think that $2000 is even close? Or is this really far off the mark? For Ranunculus, Stefanotis, Roses, etc? Nothing huge....Any ideas? 

Re: is this enough $ for flowers?

• Laurie109Laurie109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked in both South Jersey (more towards the shore area) and Philadelphia. I think you are looking more at 3000-3500, based on my experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ouch! that's what I figured...thanks so much for the reply!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it can be done for maybe closer to the 3k to mid 3k range. We had A LOT (at least I thought so) of flowers and stayed within budget. Here was our flower list:

We used a mixture of the following flowers for ceremony and reception:WHITE MINI CALLAS, YELLOW MINI CALLAS, JADE ROSES, WHITE DENDROBIUM ORCHIDS, YELLOW DENDROBIUM ORCHIDS,GREEN HYDRANGEA, VENDELA ROSES 

Here are the # of pieces we ordered:
     Bride’s bouquet
    6 BM bouquets
    2 FG pomadour balls
    13 bouts
    7 wrist corsages
    2 large altar pedestal pieces
    Rose petals for aisle runne
    r
    8 tall centerpieces
    8 low centerpieces
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cmblaneycmblaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Cinnaminson, and I spent $2000 for the following:

-6 bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet
    -2 corsages for mothers
    -2 flower girls baskets
    -15 centerpieces, 1 arrangement for bathroom at venue
    -3 arrangements for the church
    -1 throw away bouquet for the toss the reception
  • Laurie109Laurie109 member
    edited December 2011
    Flowers are so expensive in our area. I was so depressed when I saw girls on my wedding month board from different areas of the country talking about how their flowers cost 1000-1500 and they got basically the same stuff as I am getting! It all depends on where you live! Good luck! Shop around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    CMBlaney--what kind of flowers did you have?
  • cmblaneycmblaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest I am not really sure! haha I just told the florist the colors I liked (pink, white and green) and that i wanted it to be a tight bouquet and trusted her to do it.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011
    I used Maria from Mums the Word in Marlton. She is awesome and will work with your budget. Is there specific flowers you are looking for? I had no idea what i wanted and she came up with everything. We spent just under 3 for 1 bridal bouquet, 1 tossing bouquet, 7 bm bouquets, one flower girl wand, 10 bouteniers, 3 coursages, rose petals lining the aisle, 2 floral arangements with pedestools for the ceremony, and 9 centerpieces. ..i think thats it..The other half of our centerpieces were fish-we dropped them off 2 days before and she took care of them for us and set everything up. Highly recommend her.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Harker's Flowers in Cinnaminson across the street from the Merion... we got 6 bridesmaids bouquets, a maid of honors bouquet (lil more elaborate than the girls), my bouquet... 16 roses for a memory vase, the grooms boutonniere, 11 additional boutonnieres, 7 corsages, a crown for the ring bearer (it was a baby girl), a bouquet for the flower girl and the bouquets and boutonnieres all included various white flowers (including lilies and roses along with additional silver snowflakes and such... I paid $450 total, he didn't charge for delivery and wouldn;t even accept a tip from me when he delivered the flowers to the hotel. I basically showed him a picture of what I wanted and he did it exactly how I wanted and for less than the cost of the advertised price from the website I took the picture :) I know that doesn't include centerpieces and such but I am guessing if I got all that for less than $500 you can get a good price from him on the whole package,
  • edited December 2011
    We used John at County Seat Florist in mays Landing and paid just over $1600 for the following:

-1 Brides bouquet made of hydrangea and roses
    -1 MOH bouquet with hydrangea, roses, and delphinium
    -3 Bridesmaids bouquets with hydrangea and delphinium
    -2 grandmothers corsages
    -2 mothers corsages
    -2 grandfathers boutneers
    -2 father's boutineers
    -1 grooms boutineer roses with hydrangea
    -4 groomsmen boutineers with hydrangea and delphinium
    -1 ring bearers bout which was the same as my husbands
    -He did our chuppah which included the setting up and designing.  it was made of silk fabric and has large flower arrangements
    -15 centerpieces, alternating high and low all with hydrangea, delphimiums and spider mums and lit in the vase with blue lights
    -and he gave us about 40 led tea lights

Our colors were blue so we were limited as far as what flowers came in blue.  Hydrangea were also in season then so look for flowers that are in season.  I honestly think your estimate could be very fair if you find the right florist.  HTH
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever thought of skipping the flowers for centerpeices?? We filed clear vases with lemons at a fraction of that cost.  They looked beautiful :)
  • edited December 2011
    wow...thanks so much for all of this help! We're looking for ranunculus, stephanotis, roses...lush, soft flowers. They'll be in season at that time--end of May--so they should be pretty reasonable. And I don't think they're near as expensive as calla lilies or orchids, so that's good. It might be possible! Laughing
  • TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really would recommend checking out Maria from Mum's the Word.  Our package is $1,950 and includes:

19 centerpieces
    3 BM bouquets
    My bouquet & throw away
    Ladies room flowers
    5 bouts for GM
    1 bout for FI
    Parent flowers & grandparent flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS - I also live in Cinnaminson Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Grove in deptford. My sister had 7 bm's bouqets, a wedding bouqet, 7 bouts for the guys,3 other bouts for the grandparents and small arrangements for the flower girls. She spent 800 and the arrangements were gorgeous!!!! I can send a pic if you want!
  • edited December 2011
    I paid 1000 for:
    4 BM bouquests
    Bridal bouquet
    12 centerpieces
    7 Bouts
    2 corsages

Not sure how far she will travel, but check with Tracy at Whiting Flower Shoppe. She might be able to recommend someone.

Also, if you pick a florist in an area with a lot of funerals (think high elderly population) the prices tend to be a lot more reasonable and a wedding makes the florist's day. The first florist I visited quoted me $2700 for the exact same thing I got through Tracy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also in the process of finding flowers. I have the same number of tables but 6 bridemaids.  Both maryjanes in Berlin (next to Lucien's) and Always beautiful in Berlin were able to keep me at $2000.  Try getting a quote from them. I found both owners to be very nice and willing to work with any budget
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards