Texas-Austin

Outdoor summer wedding at Laguna Gloria

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had an outdoor summer wedding at Laguna Gloria?

We're getting married there in May and are trying to figure out how hot it will be and how many tents we need but we can't visit the site after 4pm and our wedding starts at 6pm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Meghan

Re: Outdoor summer wedding at Laguna Gloria

• I would get in contact with some of the tent rental companies.  They should be able to tell you what you will need.  It's Texas and it's May, so I would prepare for it being pretty hot.  The venue should also be able to give you accurate advice.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • We got married the first week in June at Laguna Gloria the summer before last. We had an outdoor ceremony, dinner/toasts indoors and dancing/mingling outdoors.

It.was.hot.

No way we would have liked to eat outside, that would have been way too hard on me and my guests/family. Even with tents I don't think it'd be too enjoyable. If you can get cooling fans that might be better. Tents are expensive, and from what I recall Laguna only allows one company to put them up. I think it's marquee...

Freel free to ask any specific questions!
  • This link goes to weather.com which lists historial data by month for temps (by zip code).  It shows average temp, record highs & lows.:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/daily/78701?climoMonth=5

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards