Georgia-Atlanta

Questions FROM a boudoir photographer

OK, I hope I am not breaking any rules as have been happily married for more the 12 years.  I am a boudoir photographer covering the metro Atlanta area and while traditionally my clients have been celebrating an anniversary I am seeing more and more brides, I have even group shots / parties recently.  So to me this is a shift in business and I wanted to know what some of the wonderful brides have to say about it.

What are you looking for as a bride in Boudoir photography?

Would a more bridal theme be appealing, like including your dress or maybe shots in your bridal lingerie?

I would already suspect group discounts may be appealing?

I do some couples work, but is the surprise more important?

Anything else come to mind then please feel free, I am interested in your thoughts.

Again, thank you
Anthony S of Montenero Photography, LLC. Married for over 12 years now, with 3 wonderful children. I am not actually a wedding photographer :)

Re: Questions FROM a boudoir photographer

• TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not had boudoir photographs done, but I am interested.

The surprise for me is more important than having them done with my FI.  If I had them done I don't think I would do "bridal attire" but something sexier.
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you looking for as a bride in Boudoir photography? COMFORT. Feeling comfortable in what maybe an unfirmilar experience.

Would a more bridal theme be appealing, like including your dress or maybe shots in your bridal lingerie? No. Something that the person you are taking them for might like. Sports, hobbies, etc.

I would already suspect group discounts may be appealing? ANY discounts are appealing :)

I do some couples work, but is the surprise more important? Surprise for sure

HTH!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for that feedback so far.  It sounds like creativity and comfort are still key.  Personally I still like using a themes that are special to the subject, everything from sports to a bikini carwash.  But my wife is also a big fan of Lingerie and is always part of our shoots, so I think we have a lot of that covered.

Still I want to make sure I not missing something with my customers, so any other feedback is still really helpful.
    Anthony S of Montenero Photography, LLC. Married for over 12 years now, with 3 wonderful children. I am not actually a wedding photographer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards