Catholic Weddings

Any Fertility Friend users?

My free trial for VIP is about to expire.. if I don't renew, I will go back down to basic.  I looked at the features of both, and I honestly don't know if it's worth it to do VIP.  It seems like it, but I was curious if anyone else has used basic and/or both and could tell me if it's worth buying.  It's only $45 for a year, which is not bad anyway.  But hey, no sense in spending $45 if I don't have to!
TIA!

Re: Any Fertility Friend users?

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I buy the VIP because I like having the extra analytical tools where I can compare previous charts and data.

You could go back down to the basic and if you start to feel like you miss the other tools, purchase the VIP again in a month or two...
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use the basic, and it's fine for me.  I think if my cycles were wonkier or if I was TTC, I might upgrade, but I get so many free trials of the upgraded FF, and I don't notice that they're especially helpful for me.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use the VIP -- I didn't find it useful enough to pay for it, even when TTC.

I have to say, that I really love the software that comes with TCOYF.  I think it was $40 and you get to keep it permanately -- none of this yearly stuff.  The book should come with a free trial, or you can download a free trial. I liked it so much I paid for it.

I used the TCOYF software for analytical things and cycle predictors, etc.  And I used FF just to post online or to record it during the day while I was at work and did not have access to my TCOYF software.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    FYI, Lilly is an app with a one-time fee and I REALLY liked it when I used STM.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_fertility-friend-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0fface88-a7aa-47bf-8854-5bcca3755142Post:52e220b9-56e5-4556-843f-24dbbd9070da">Re: Any Fertility Friend users?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't use the VIP -- I didn't find it useful enough to pay for it, even when TTC. I have to say, that I really love the software that comes with TCOYF.  I think it was $40 and you get to keep it permanately -- none of this yearly stuff.  The book should come with a free trial, or you can download a free trial. I liked it so much I paid for it. I used the TCOYF software for analytical things and cycle predictors, etc.  And I used FF just to post online or to record it during the day while I was at work and did not have access to my TCOYF software.
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

TCOYF software is only good for PC's. Keep that in mind. I have a Mac and can only use their online site and it's SO slow and buggy.

I use VIP FF. I've only been charting for nearly a year and wanted to have all the features until I was completely comfortable.
    TCOYF website wouldn't show me my history for more than 6 cycles. (Not sure if it's changed or not)
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_fertility-friend-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0fface88-a7aa-47bf-8854-5bcca3755142Post:b2328a4e-9e82-4264-940a-bf861053c699">Re: Any Fertility Friend users?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any Fertility Friend users? : TCOYF software is only good for PC's. Keep that in mind. I have a Mac and can only use their online site and it's SO slow and buggy. I use VIP FF. I've only been charting for nearly a year and wanted to have all the features until I was completely comfortable. TCOYF website wouldn't show me my history for more than 6 cycles. (Not sure if it's changed or not)
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]

I agree that their website is awful.  I gave up trying to use their website after about 2 days.  FF website is much better than TCOYF's website.

I didn't know anyone still used a MAC these days ;)  j/k
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_fertility-friend-users?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0fface88-a7aa-47bf-8854-5bcca3755142Post:77934273-efb8-47ae-8b32-959a0f047b7c">Re: Any Fertility Friend users?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any Fertility Friend users? : I agree that their website is awful.  I gave up trying to use their website after about 2 days.  FF website is much better than TCOYF's website. <strong>I didn't know anyone still used a MAC these days ;)  j/k</strong>
    Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]

LOL. I love our macbook so much. We have a PC too, but it rarely gets used
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Mac person too, otherwise, I would have tried out TCOYF's website. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards