Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

How much of the mixers do we need?

We are having a very large wedding 560 people and we are doing an open bar but we are just not sure how much of each mixer to buy we are having pepsi, 7up, cranberry, orange, pineapple, club soda, tonic, grenadine, lime juce, lemonade, and probably a few more that I am forgetting does anyone have any idea of how much of each of those to buy? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: How much of the mixers do we need?

• debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna go ahead and be snarky here: You could use a few more periods in that there post. :) Snarky-ness over.

Next, do you really have 560 guests?! Or is that how many you are inviting? You should calculate based on how many are likely to show.

To get to your point, I would take a look at an online drink calculator like this one: http://www.evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp

This allows you to approximate how much alcohol you'll need depending varying levels of how much your guests will consume (light v. average v. heavy drinkers). Using that data, you can figure out how much you'll need as "filler" drink. 

Here is a quick sample I ran through the calculator for 400 guests:

Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    We asked our caterer. I found that the online drink calculator was way off for us. (For instance it suggested 200 bottles of wine for 275 guests -- whereas the caterer suggesting 20 bottles)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_much-of-mixers-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b30a2dbd-9a71-44f6-83ca-b1db900de781Post:664aefb8-b5ca-4b25-b16b-1fe473e09354">Re: How much of the mixers do we need?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We asked our caterer. I found that the online drink calculator was way off for us. (For instance it suggested 200 bottles of wine for 275 guests -- <strong>whereas the caterer suggesting 20 bottles</strong>)
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>eek. assuming 200 of those 275 were drinking adults, that leaves only a glass of wine for every two people.  I guess that's ok, if you know most were drinking beer and you had other alcohol provided.</div><div>
    </div><div>We had about 100 drinking age adults at our wedding. We went through a keg and a half and 30-35 bottles of wine..... and that was a Sunday afternoon wedding.

</div>
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um... Shan... I agree with Steph. I think your caterer massively underestimated unless you know for a fact that very few of your guests like wine. A bottle of wine really only holds about 3-4 glasses worth, tops. Assuming people drink 3-4 drinks at your reception (which is pretty standard) that only means 20 people can drink wine.

If I were you, I'd go with at LEAST three cases of wine for a guest list your size.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry it was 20 bottles of White and 20 Bottles of Red! making 40 total

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards