Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Looking for a way to fit in this song

So, like many other people out there I am getting addicted to Vitamin String Quartet. I found a version of "Are you gunna be my girl" by them and it's super fun and fits well because my boyfriend was being goofy and sang it to me when we started dating.  Because of the significance I'd like to tie it into the ceremony...any good suggestions of how?  I don't think I'd walk down the aisle to it though. 

Re: Looking for a way to fit in this song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Garter toss?

I'm attempting to find a way to bring in First Date or Rock Show by Blink 182 into my ceremony.
  • Options
    MorrowalMorrowal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea!  Good choice on your songs too...Blink 182 has been one of my favorite bands for a long long time. 
    I know some people think they are cheesy...and to each their own but we plan to do a photo montage while food is being passed out (it distracts people if food isn't immediately in front of them and I have family I didn't meet until recently...so it gives them a chance to see older pictures of me).  We are doing pictures of me first, then of him, then us together.  If you did something like that either song would fit in perfectly for the couple pictures.  Depending on your wedding style, rock show could be a good song to play while you enter the reception.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a thought, but if you use it at the reception, why not just use the original? If you have VSQ's version, you could use it just about anywhere in the ceremony. If you don't want to use it as a processional, maybe you could use it if you're doing a unity candle or a sand ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blink 182 has been my favourite band since I was 7 and it was me and FI first "big" concert together last year. I'm also incorporating his favourite band (ACDC) somewhere into the ceremony/reception.

That's actually a really good idea too. My FI suggested the first dance with rock show but I can't find an acoustic version - otherwise it's way too fast. Well, I can find acoustic version but they're all covers and suck (I'm very fussy when it comes to favourite bands! lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards