New Hampshire

Help - Tuxedo Rental in Nashua, NH

Any recommendations?  Has anyone used Men's Wearhouse (it appears that there are two locations in Nashua - which one?) or Marry and Tux?  Our groomsmen live in Illinois, would I be better off using a national chain or can they have their measurements done at another store?  TIA! 

Re: Help - Tuxedo Rental in Nashua, NH

• edited December 2011
    We used Marry & Tux.  Because I got my dress and the BM dresses there, the rental fee was slightly cheaper than Men's Warehouse.  All of our GMs are local, though.

I would think that with your GMs being in IL that a national chain would be the safest bet, though.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have been warned not to use Men's Warehouse by a few people. We were planning on using them so now we are looking for a new location. Apparently the tuxedo sizes were so messed up that they had to send someone from the warehouse with the correct sizes and she got to the wedding location 1/2 hour before the ceremony. I guess this could be looked at two ways. 1) Great that they were able to provide proper sizes and were willing to send someone to deliver the correct sizes right to the ceremony site or 2) The sizes should never have been an issue to begin with. Not sure which way I am leaning on this one.

• edited December 2011
    We used Men's Wearhouse and it worked out great.  The two locations are practically identical, so it doesn't really matter which one you go to.  Besides, they are right near each other anyway.  We went to the smaller one (next to Sleepy's) and the people working there were really nice.  I would think a national chain would be better consider your groomsmen are in IL.  GL!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go with a national chain, make sure they can and do pick them up on Wednesday. Also make sure they try them on in the store incase something is wrong and they can fix it by Friday.
    But really goes for any tux store.  
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Men's Wearhouse in Nashua...there are two locations in the same plaza....one is the large regular Men's Wearhouse (we are using them) and then the one directly across from DB which is the old Mr. Tux and is small.  We chose the bigger one because they have a tailor onsite if when the guys pick up something needs to change.  We are getting married on a Saturday morning and they recommend us picking it up on Wednesday but as long as they pick them up by 4:00 Thursday then they can send them back and get the right ones if they don't fit by Friday
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FI brother rented their wedding party's tuxes from MW because they were in St. Louis and most of the party was in NH.  They arrived a couple hours before the wedding with items missing and sized incorrectly.  We steered clear.  From what I've heard about Marry & Tux they have their own selection in the store rather than having to order what they need from a warehouse. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Men's Wearhouse juuuust bc all of our GM's live in different locations. FI registered an event there and all of the guys used that number, etc. Tuxes in general are NOTORIOUS for being wrong no matter who you go with. That's why guys are supposed to try on the tux before they take it. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a wedding where someone's tux was screwed up, wrong size shirt, jacket, etc. The prob is easily remedied if the guys try the tuxes on BEFORE leaving the store, so be sure to make this clear to the GM to avoid undue stress. The biggest problem we had was with my dad wanting to pick his tux up 2 days before the wedding. Our wedding is in the Lakes Region and we live in southern NH, my dad wanted to pick his tux up Thursday and just bring it with him on his way up north. It was a big production, but they eventually said yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards