Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Wedding Night

Where did you stay on your wedding night?  What kind of room did you book, and did you think it was sufficient/too much/not nice enough?  Did you tell them it was for your wedding night?   

Our wedding is in Ft Thomas, so we'd like to stay either in Nky, or downtown (no farther north than downtown).  TIA!

Re: Wedding Night

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to stay at my FI's condo since it's downtown and within walking distance of our venue.  However, we talked over the weekend and we're now considering spending the night in the Westin Downtown (where our guests are staying).  I wouldn't mind if we can get a really nice suite for a discounted rate.  We're going to talk to the sales manager this week to see what she can do for us. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites off of reading where most of our guests stayed. It was nice to get ready in the same room so we werent overwhelmed with the packing and getting items various places.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since our wedding & reception is at the Embassy Suites, we get a complimentary room the night of our wedding. They have just renovated a lot of their suites, so I'm excited about this! That is where most of our guests will be staying as well, so we all will get up the next morning and eat breakfast together!!

They have some really nice rooms that over look the city.

Anniversary
  • Options
    mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Hilton Netherland and also had a block of rooms booked there.  They were amazing to work with and upgraded us to a suite with a river view.  They also had a congratulations letter along with a bottle of champagne and plate of chocolate covered fruit (a very nice surprise!).  The room was gorgeous and comfortable- I recommend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Cincinnatian and loved it.

I stayed there starting on Wednesay before the wedding, and we were supposed to upgrade to a Suite for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night, but the regular room was so nice that we decided to save some cash and just stay in the room I'd already been staying in for the wedding night and for the couple extra days before our HM flight left.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With the subject title, I was thinking, "Oh boy, wonder if it's a question about whether people are planning to do it or to sleep!" :P
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha. We are staying the radison? (I think thats the name) across from the party source
  • Options
    ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will spend the night (friday) in the our apartment or house since it will be our first night together in the new place. We also don't leave for our honeymoon till Sunday.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the night before the wedding I am staying at my parent's house.  I think FI is staying at the hotel or at our apartment (we live together but want to be apart the night before the wedding to make it special when we see each other for the first time).  After the wedding we are staying at the Netherland Plaza with the rest of our guests.  Honeymoon suite, baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards