New York-Hudson Valley

Villa Borghese no out door space? Rolling greens instead?

I just looked at venues yesterday.  Rolling Greens in Poughleepsie and Villa Borghese.  LOVED Villa Borghese except one big thing... There is like no room out door for pictures.  There is a ceremony site out doors but that is almost it.  There are a few bushes and a gazeebo but it is seriously lacking.  The inside is breath taking with marble foors, crystal chandeleirs everything.  Rolloing Greens has an amazing golf course with tons of space for outdoor picutes but the inside is not as fancy as the Villa.  We really want that outdoor feel and dont wat to be limited to taking our photos inside.  I dont know what to do.  Im worried that all of my weeding pictures will be posed infront of the same 2 bushes. on the other hand it could rain and then this is all a moot point.  So has anyone ad their wedding at either place and can shed some light? Thanx

Re: Villa Borghese no out door space? Rolling greens instead?

• I am getting married at the Villa Borghese this October!!  We took one look at the place and fell in love.  While its true they don't have much space outside, I think the ceremony area is beautiful, the other metal gazebo thingy is gorgeous and they have the upstairs balcony that I have seen tons of beautiful pics on.  We plan on going somewhere in the area pre-ceremony and getting pictures else where so we get lots of outside pics.  Have you considered doing pictures pre-ceremony?

Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Ive attended weddings and other events at the villa and they were all beautiful. check out their facebook page for ideas on outdoor pics they do have the balcony upstairs which also makes for a nice setting for pics
  • We are getting married at the Villa Borghese as well. I am planning on taking pre wedding photos and having our ceremony at 6 pm to accomidate photos. my photographer reccomended Boscobel gardens and we went there a couple of weeks ago and the view was breathtaking on the river. I think it would look awesome in the fall with the colored leaves. I also dont want to rush our day trying to get all photos done through the coctail hour, so I was a fan of first look photos. there are other cool places to take pictures around the area. my friend had a vintage themed wedding and took amazing photos at the poughkeepsie train station.
    Photobucket invite1
  • I got married at Rolling Greens on May 27, 2012 . When we were planning our wedding we looked into the Villa but I fell in love with Rolling Greens. There are a few things that made Rolling Greens stand out for me as a bride.The golf course was awesome to take pictures on they even let you and your bridal party take golf carts out on the golf course.It also saved time allowing us to attend cocktail hour. You are the only bride that day and they treat you like royalty. You have your own personal assistant  that only takes care of you. Mine even busseled my dress for me. We didn't even have to go to the bar for drinks she always made sure we had a full one. She was very attentive to our needs Another thing that my guest commented on was that every table had there own waiter which I had never seen before. The food was excellent and I can't say enough about the service. I hope this helps. If you want to see pics or have any other questions fell free to PM me.
  • I didn't get married at either place, but had a similar dilemma when planning. We went with Arbor Ridge in Hopewell, we did a first look at a park nearby and got gorgeous photos. Maybe there is a place nearby as suggested that you can use for outdoor photos if you are in love with Villa. We looked at them as well, but I was worried about parking and bathrooms if there were multiple weddings going on. Beautiful indoors though and I've heard good things about them. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards