August 2012 Weddings

Let's see your venues!

I'll start but I want to see everyone's venues/ reception places.

Ceremony sit

Reception room ( I love the chandeliers!)

Cocktail hour

Lounge area in reception

Cinderella wall for awesome pics!

I am so excited just looking at it! Now let's see yours :)

Re: Let's see your venues!

• libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Our ceremony and reception will be held at the same location.  

Our outdoor ceremony area:

Our reception venue from the outside:

Our reception venue on the inside:

The bottom two pictures are just ones I snapped on my phone as we toured the venue, so I can't wait to see what it will look like once it is all decorated for our wedding!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_lets-see-your-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:13e177aa-1f1e-4817-ba24-b56612d251dcPost:04cf9036-59e6-4957-913e-f56004057aec">Re: Let's see your venues!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our ceremony and reception will be held at the same location.   Our outdoor ceremony area: Our reception venue from the outside: Our reception venue on the inside: The bottom two pictures are just ones I snapped on my phone as we toured the venue, so I can't wait to see what it will look like once it is all decorated for our wedding!
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]

I love the way your ceremony site looks! So pretty! Your reception sight is going to look good once it's all decorated! It's still a gorgeous venue!
  • edited June 2012
    This is fun...Great idea!

Ceremony site... Outside...

Inside the chapel...

Reception site...outside

And inside the hotel... (it used to be a train station)...Dinner will be right there in the lobby. Dancing and the bar are in an adjacent space just off of the lobby.

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• FLsweetpea, your reception site is awesome! I've never seen a hotel like that! I love that it used to be a train station! So different!!!

Ok here's mine... I had to steal pictures from the internet so excuse the other brides wedding dress hanging in one of them!!

This is the venue from the outside. A renovated dairy barn, it now lies on a farm, with horses!!! Eek! Can't wait for a picture with a horse!!

This is the loft area, for the ceremony...

This room is where the bar, cocktail hour, and dinner buffet will be, as well as a few overflow guest tables if needed.

this is the reception space. Please try to picture it NOT decorated with red bows!!! Our tables will have burlap runners, wooden chairs, and navy napkins. We will also have round and rectangle tables, with log candles, and milk bottles filled with wild flowers. :o)

196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Venue....the Ceremony will be held in this Historical Chapel (it is over 110 years old!).
  • edited June 2012
    I love how different everyone's is...but yet all so beautiful! We're going for a casual/fun backyard wedding feel (at a venue... lol)

The bridge is our "Aisle"

Ceremony Space (the grass looks much greener now... and that dirt path is now grass. I'm having them put a white arch out in front of the gazebo that my florist is decorating with flowers)

Reception Space

Tented deck which is the dance floor (double doors to the left lead into the reception room). At night this is all lit up with lights and looks awesome... I love that this is the dance floor- rain or shine :)

And if it doesn't rain... we will be encouraging non-dancer (like ourselves) to enjoy some lawn games!

Did I mention that we have 18 hole mini golf a few steps away from the dance floor? We can totally jam out well playing :)

Horseshoes

There is also a net set-up that we'll have a volleyball and badminton stuff for, so they can choose what they want to play. There is also a huge open field that we can add whatever games we want... we havn't decided if we're gunna add more or not though.

And then to stick with our theme of "backyard wedding" we're service BBQ food (grilled chicken & ribs, pasta salad, potato salad, fruit, garden salad, etc.)

126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony Location

Reception Location

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is our ceremony venue from the outside (in a park)

This is the inside of the venue - tables will be removed and chairs lined up with an aisle:

These are pics of the inside of our reception venue at a golf course:

• This is so fun, I love looking at the pictures!!!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are having an outdoor ceremony since we live so close to the lake, we wanted to take advantage of that. We are having the lake and flowers as the backdrop like in the photo and we will be married under the gazebo.
    Ceremony Site

For our reception we rented out an old mansion/masonic center that was built in the 1850's. One picture I had to take from the internet, so ignore the random guy.
    Reception Site

Outside

In the Grand Ballroom 

I love everyone's venues! I like how everyone is so unqiue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_lets-see-your-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:13e177aa-1f1e-4817-ba24-b56612d251dcPost:47756911-d0a5-4698-bb91-044ec7fee547">Re: Let's see your venues!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FLsweetpea, your reception site is awesome! I've never seen a hotel like that! I love that it used to be a train station! So different!!!
    Posted by DeClue82[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much DeClue! The hotel is so unique and is right in downtown Nashville (and right next to the train tracks!).  I absolutely love your barn...it is so pretty and picturesque! We came very close to choosing a barn/ farm venue as well...I bet that has been a lot of fun to design decorations for!

All of these venues are so unique and beautiful. Love it!

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• Ceremony- the church I grew up at. Sorry the picture is crappy, it's from Google maps lol...they took this pic on my friend's wedding day a few years ago lol.

Reception, with the center part of our centerpieces on the table

It's cool seeing everyone's venues! Such awesome places we all have chosen.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    Here is mine. It is an urban winery, meaning they make wine there but don't have vineyards. The ceremony will be right outside in an old brick alley but I don't have pics of that.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Here’s mine – it’s a winery here in Oregon – we’re having the ceremony and reception both outdoors

Ceremony area ( I won’t be using the arch thing)

Reception area ( tent just behind the ceremony area)

Dance floor/bar at night – we’re starting at 5pm

Photo of the other side of the property – the inn we and the wedding party are getting ready in and staying in 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited
    image 139 are ready to party!
    image 87 have better things to do
    image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20

• I am getting married in an Arboretum. It is beautiful.We are having a cocktail reception in the gardens under a tent.
    imageAnniversary
  • We're getting married in a little Catholic church in Westchester.

Our reception will be across the street at a Historical Hall

The whole town is historical and we'll probably be taking pictures in the village green. The little building there is an old 19th century schoolhouse.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

•  
    this is the back of our reception venue (love this view)

front of building

decorated for another wedding

it has these awesome rustic beans inside

Our ceremony will be under this pavilion in the woods (minus all the picnic tables)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards