THAT ARE ALL INCLUSIVE BUT WITH A MODERATE PRICE
OR A PLACE THAT IS A MODERATE PRICE TO RENT
AND I COULD DO OUTSIDE CATERING....
ANY IDEAS ANYTHING I NEED SOME HELP! LOL
THANKS

Re: CEREMONY/RECEPTION IDEAS?!?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    when are you looking to get married, what part of orlando area do you desire?  How many guests are you inviting? Could you please not write in all caps. 
  • Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_ceremonyreception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:59be07b2-e85f-48bd-bc85-db0d4c0ad53ePost:308a7e46-6521-4030-b640-d6e86f3fa0cb">Re: CEREMONY/RECEPTION IDEAS?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]when are you looking to get married, what part of orlando area do you desire?  How many guests are you inviting? Could you please not write in all caps. 
    Posted by irisheyezfsu[/QUOTE]

X2.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea its a habbit..
    anywho im gettin married
    in dec. but i def. do not want to
    do a whole winter wedding theme or anythng
    and as for where it really doesnt matter although i
    prefer anywhere in central florida area
    but if there is a better place down south then i
    dnt mind checkin it out either.....
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guest?
     Theres a whole lot of Central Florida. I am about an hour and half from Orlando.  So I think you may want to narrow it down to what area your want first.

Plus  depending on what type of theme you want different venues would be better. Look online and google themes and come up with a general idea.

Do you have alot of OOT guest ? Do you want it close to an airport and hotels?

Whats Moderate price range to you? I mean that could be $5000 or $1000 for different people.

This Dec? Or next Dec?

If it is this dec goodd luck in finding a venue. Places book a year or 2 ( especially during holiday dates )  ahead of time. Not just venues but caterers, DJs, Photographers too.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do any theme you want. I am getting married in the fall but there will be no pumpkins at my wedding haha.  Just do some research and explore a little what you are looking for.  Check out theknot.com's reasouces they ahve a lot of venue options to look through.
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Longwood Community Center & the Peninsula Club (Daytona) allow you to use your own caterer (or even bring your own food). I think the Winter Park Farmer's Market and Winter Park Women's Center do too.

There really are lots of places that would work, it'd probably help if you gave more details... price range, number of people, preferred city, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this december? that is short notice for a venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This December is pretty much booked everywhere... I'm getting married the 10th and when I started planning over a year ago we were limited on venues, because people book their Christmas parties so far in advance.  I have no idea how much you are looking to spend, but Church Street Station is positively gorgeous around Christmas time. 

We're getting married at the Orlando Science Center, because we wanted a unique location. My fI is excited for the cocktail hour in the Dinosaur room :) 

There are def many places in Central FL, but we need more details to offer you better suggestions. If you are looking for a fantastic and affordable outdoor venue I have to suggest Lue Gardens. 

Hope this helps and good luck 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think anyone was rude. You stated Dec.  I am sorry we can not read your mind.  Not to mention getting married in Dec during the holidays book really really fast. Especially being close to Disney World and all the theme parks. Not to mention airline and hotel prices are sky high and  book really really fast.

So I would start looking around and seeing what your wedding theme/vision is and then come back and say . Hey I am looking for a "garden themed venue in the Lake Mary area" or something along those lines.

The ladies/gentlemen here have great advice but can't give much when they don't know much about the type of wedding you want or how many guest you want to have.

Also price range is important. Do you want a venue that has everything included or not? SOme venues don't let you use outside caterers and that can add up. So the venue you think cost one price may cost more if you have to use a more expensive caterer or florist.

Also look into permits. For instance in Melbourne you have to pull a permit if you have over 100 guest . Also some venues want wedding insurance and that could cost alot.

Also like ambuley said alot of places book for christmas parties.

Also do you want a venue that only has one event going at a time. Thats really important . Some venue can have like 3 different weddings going on all at the same time. Could you imagine the bathroom crazyness .lol

But I hope that everyone gave you good advice and things to think about. Good Luck and Happy Planning.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah42nd, did she post and then delete because your post seems to be a response to an invisible post.  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes she did. She said that some of the post were rude and some other stuff that I can't remember.lol
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards