Ohio-Northeast
Options

Holiday Inn - Boardman

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone is having or had their reception at the Holiday Inn located in Boardman? Thoughts about the venue, were they easy to work with, too pricey, etc. I'm trying to get a broad view of what is around the youngstown/warren area and this was one of the top places on my list!

TIA Smile,

Christa

Re: Holiday Inn - Boardman

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her reception at the Holiday Inn Metroplex in Youngstown a few years ago, and it was wonderful! They were easy to work with, and she never complained about them not being compliant.  Also, there wedding wasn't very costly, so I'd assume it wasn't too bad on price. 
  • Options
    megilbmegilb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked there for my reception and didnt care for it...Its newly renovated though so  its very new looking. I just dont like the whole "having your recption in a hotel banquet room" idea
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    megilbmegilb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend the Butler Art Museum ( Im having mine there) or the new Lake Club at fonderlac country club in north lima
  • Options
    megilbmegilb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh OR at the fellows riverside rose gardens at mill creek park! We got engaged there and its beautiful!
  • Options
    ericalynn525ericalynn525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at HI Boardman next summer and I absolutely love the whole idea of it. The coordinator, Nancy, is great! We haven't worked with her too much yet, but we haven't heard anything bad about her at all! We liked the idea of having it at a hotel, because we know a lot of our friends and family are going to want to drink and have fun and stay over. I'm very excited about it. I went to a wedding there a couple years ago before it was renovated and it was still a beautiful wedding. It isn't too costly at all and the food is supposed to be amazing there!
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if the HI Boardman doesn't work, we're having ours at the Davis Center in Mill Creek by the riverside gardens. it's a very pretty venue, i have a few pics on my planning bio (link below). good luck!!!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!! I will definitely look into all of those venues.

Best of luck to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards