Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower - Worth it?

My mom fought hard against my step mom to host a bridal shower (having two wasn't reasonable because there would be so much overlap in guests), and now she acts like it's such a pain. She's hasn't planned anything and yesterday she told me she couldn't spend $12 total on invites. She had a restaurant near her home, but it was pretty expensive for brunch on a Sunday morning, so now we're looking up venues near my home. I love and appreciate that she wanted to do this more me, but it doesn't make sense that she would volunteer (and fight) to host when she can't afford it. I'm feeling really conflicted and wondering if I should forego a bridal shower completely. It's something I really want, but it seems like it's nothing but a hassle to her.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower - Worth it?

• It's hard to decline a shower after accepting it without hurting her feelings.  Especially after the venue downgrade, it'll look like you think she's not good enough, and are rejecting her.

Just stay out of the planning, let her deal with it, and enjoy whatever shower she can give you.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards