California-San Diego
Options

Help! DJ reccommendations needed

Hi, we are apparently getting a late start on finding a DJ. We were waiting for a referral from our coordinator, but when we got it, they were booked. We are looking for a QUALITY DJ that can provide a fun, yet not tacky, reception. We are getting married in Ocotber. most of the DJS on this site are booked already. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would prefer to book someone that comes reccommended. We need to find one soon. Also, I am seeing prices of around 1200 for 5 hours and some lighting. Is this average? Thank you for your help!

Re: Help! DJ reccommendations needed

• Options
    miss.jawrightmiss.jawright member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That price is totally average to low. Dj Pham is really good, he has a club style. we are doing DJ guys because they are very reasonable and fit our needs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check our yelp!  I found Mike Farmer of Mike Farmer Entertainment- he came to our house, spoke with us and we immediately fell in love with this guy!  We met him a few days ago and already have a wonderful rapport.  He's responsive, professional, and did I mention professional? 

Good luck with your planning and congratulations on your engagement!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having DJ Vynce Pham.  Our wedding is in September but we booked him last year.  Loved his ideas, style and was extremely professional. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mike Hogan is amazing.  I plan weddings and he is who I am using. http://www.djmikehogan.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips. I will look these guys up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my recent wedding I used Pam from Pam's Productions DJ's (www.partypam.com) and she was wonderful to work with!  She sat down with my fiance and me and we mapped out roughly how the night would go, and we also gave her a list of songs we wanted to use during the ceremony.  The day of the wedding Pam kept the party going; the dance floor was never empty.  She helped keep the party going and made sure the night kept moving along so there were no lull's in the action.  We had plenty of time to eat, drink, dance, and be merry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards