New York-Long Island
Options

Timeline the day of?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of what times and how things will work the day of my wedding, any help would be appreciated. We are having a Saturday ceremony at 11:30 at our church which is in Sound beach , reception at East Wind , and we live in Miller place. I will most likely be getting my hair and make up done at East Wind as well(although I'm not set on this), the problem I am trying to figure out is my family lives in Medford which is about 35-40 minutes away. It doesnt make sense for me to get my hair/makeup done and then drive all the way out there to finish getting ready and then turn around and come back out this way. My apartment is too small to have everyone come here , and of course I want my bridesmaids and parents to be with me getting ready. Any suggestions? I thought about just getting a room at East Wind the night before the wedding but  its very expensive and I feel like  I would be  a hassle for my family since most of my sisters  who are my bridesmaids will be staying at my moms and would have to drag all their stuff to the hotel. Sorry this is so wordy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Timeline the day of?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar problem. We all lived out east and the wedding was at East Wind, and it didn't make sense to get ready there and drive back to Mattituck for first look picutures.

I used Fran from Guys and Dolls in Riverhead (her daughter does the makeup) and they came to Southold to get everyone ready. She was there at 5 for us so we could be out by 9.

HTH.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    does the church have a room where you can get ready with everyone? otherwise, aside of getting a room, they will have to drive. perhaps  you should ask your BM if they'd like to share rooms (you included) which will bring the price down a lot if you share.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards