Moms and Maids

does it really matter?

sooooo.. i ended up having to kick one of my BM's (ex-friend) out of my wedding. i do not have a lot of female friends and especially none that i'm close enough with to ask to be in my wedding. (my bridal party is actually like this: sister 1, sister 2, niece 1, niece 2, cousin and [was] friend).

my FI doesn't want to un-ask any of his GM (although i would LOVE if his BIL wasn't in the wedding, i can't stand him) and it's rude. so would it be weird if i i have one less BM?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: does it really matter?

• Not weird at all, in fact it would be incredibly rude to make your FI get rid of a GM. It was also rude of you to kick out your BM, but if the friendship was already over for non-wedding related reasons then I suppose what's done is done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_does-it-really-matter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:182e7ec0-c304-4217-8f32-6fd8fe196ecaPost:86613231-b272-4e3f-b148-4e8149a186a7">Re: does it really matter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not weird at all, in fact it would be incredibly rude to make your FI get rid of a GM. It was also rude of you to kick out your BM, but if the friendship was already over for non-wedding related reasons then I suppose what's done is done.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

it's a long story, but it was because of non-wedding related issues. i now see that she is somebody i probably should have never been friends with honestly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your WP doesn't have to be even. Do not replace or eliminate anyone to even up the sides.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_does-it-really-matter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:182e7ec0-c304-4217-8f32-6fd8fe196ecaPost:307cad4d-9258-4be5-bf50-0cb7349b6d0f">Re: does it really matter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your WP doesn't have to be even. Do not replace or eliminate anyone to even up the sides.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

i was thinking this but i wasn't sure. i see so many different things at weddings i have no idea what to really think haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have an uneven number in our WP. I wouldnt worry about it, maybe talk to your fiance about his friend you don't like and see if he can be a little more likeable on your wedding day. Keep us posted on the big day and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_does-it-really-matter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:182e7ec0-c304-4217-8f32-6fd8fe196ecaPost:b5205529-a2f3-445a-8f19-a2956c3650ed">Re: does it really matter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are no wedding police who will show up and invalidate your marriage if your sides aren't even. <strong>Your fiance would lose a friend if he told him, "My wife-to-be kicked out her bridesmaid, so we don't need you anymore."
    </strong>Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Not to mention making his bride to be look like a completely controlling b$tch.

• I don't see why it matters if it's un even by one. The point is to have people whole love and care about you by your side. If that's what you have than you're good to go :)
  • dont worried, it is not a problem if your BMS is under GMs.
  • ha check this out ladies.

after the BM fiasco, my FSIL tried to put herself in my wedding (again).. smh. her excuse "well, my husband is in the wedding and i just thought since things ended so poorly with you and [ex-BM] i would fill in." um.. no?

i don't really like my FSIL, and this is the same FSIL that some of you know about from another post who has the bad a$$ kids.

an un-even number it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_does-it-really-matter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:182e7ec0-c304-4217-8f32-6fd8fe196ecaPost:86613231-b272-4e3f-b148-4e8149a186a7">Re: does it really matter?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not weird at all, in fact it would be incredibly rude to make your FI get rid of a GM. It was also rude of you to kick out your BM, but if the friendship was already over for non-wedding related reasons then I suppose what's done is done.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

I would have to say that it depends on the situation and it's up to you. I had to do the same thing. My maid of honor lost her freaking mind so we both agreed she wasn't going to participate. Well, her fiance was a GM and seeing as I don't intend to invite them, he couldn't be a GM anymore.

Life happens. I don't deal with that drama stuff. You create drama and we just aren't friends anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards