New York-Upstate
Options

Waterview Venue...HELP!!!

Hi all~
I am looking into venues and would love a something with amazing views.  Ideal location would be beach like, but I am having a hard time finding anything in upstate NY without traveling hours away.  I am in the Catskill area and have looked at places in Lake George...any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!  We have not set a budget, but cannot be too expensive as we are paying for this ourselves. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Re: Waterview Venue...HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine is getting married at teh Georgian in Lake George and the view is incredible! I just went to a bridal show at Dunham's Bay Resort in Lake George and those were incredible views even in the winter and it is right next to the lake... google Dunham's Bay and the pictures are really pretty. Hope this helps a little :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This castle is beautiful. Not sure how many people you are inviting but here is the link....

http://www.highlandscastle.com/weddings.asp
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Glen Sanders Mansion in Scotia is right on the Mohawk River, it has a beauitful water front ceremony area and cocktail hour patio. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all :)  I will be checking each of these out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Glen Sanders and we also think it's gorgeous.  You might also consider the Inn at Erlowest on Lake George, or the Otesaga in Cooperstown, but for sure the Otesaga is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck!
    Becca
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Highlands Castle really is amazing for a smaller wedding. Incredible views. We went to one there last year and it was amazing!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi JHommel, apardy and all

I had my wedding at Dunhams Bay and it was amaizing.  We got married outside lakeviewin the background of all of our pics.  People thought we paid a fortune.   But we didnt.  Please call and speak to Mark he is the Hotel Manager and reserve the VIP room for the night before and of the wedding. 

You can thank me later. Good luck.  Let him know that Natasha Richards recommended you he will work with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we r doing dunhams bay great prices
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards