Missouri-St Louis

Old Courthouse

Has anyone gotten married here??  Talking about the Old Courthouse downtown, across from the Arch.  I've seen a lot of pics OUTSIDE of it... but none INSIDE.  Anyone, anyone?  The rotunda is goregous and available for private ceremonies after 4:30, which is perfect for us.  I guess I'm just nervous since I haven't seen or heard much of anything!!

Re: Old Courthouse

• edited December 2011
    Some of our friends got married there this past October. We were not invited to the ceremony, because the space inside the old courthouse is very limited, and the guest list for the wedding was about 400. I heard it is beautiful, but capacity is definitely the issue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SLUmagpieSLUmagpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the note! Luckily we're about half that size:)  Good to hear it went well.
  • edited December 2011
    We're looking into getting married there as well! Have you been able to find any pictures of the inside yet? I haven't either.
  • SLUmagpieSLUmagpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ibawp -- We moved our location to the top of the Civil Courts bldg downtown.  It has the same feel and is about a grand cheaper.  It's on the 12th floor and has a 360 view of downtown... incl looking right at the old courthouse;)
  • SLUmagpie--Who do you contact to hold an event at the Civil Courts building?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards