Washington-Seattle

Friday Rant & Rave

And........................................GO!

OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Friday Rant & Rave

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  I'm tired today because I stayed up late to watch the UW/WSU game last night.... but we won so that's not sooo bad Laughing

Rant:  Even though I <3 March Madness BIG TIME, I am not looking forward to the extra nagging that I will have to do to FI during this time to get him to do WR stuff.  We are in the home stretch, and can't slack now!

Rave:  One of FMIL's friends will not be able to come to the wedding.  This was someone neither FI or I wanted to come since FMIL put her name on the guest list last year.  FMIL's friend does not even know FI AT ALL, and lives on the other side of the country.  I did a little happy dance when I found out this week, yay for the small victories!  (I probably should have saved this for Weekend Confessions, but I am too excited to wait another day to share Embarassed).
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Rave: My FI is coming to town!!! I haven't seen him in 3 weeks

Rant: Airline tickets to Seattle are so freaking expensive. Makes my bank account so sad :(
  • edited December 2011
    Rant: Work.  A total roller coaster the last few months, this AM heard the plan to make things better then BAM! hit with some major issues that have my adrenaline running and then some.

Rave: I may have found a pianist for the ceremony - and its' my 3rd grade teacher who also gave me piano lessons as an adult!  She is the person I really want to do it.  But..she is undergoing some chemo so don't know if she can do it, but just the possibility has me happy (and praying for her recovery).  She used to be the organist at my church as well.  I am hoping she can but totally understand  (my sister is a BC survivor) if she can't.

Second Rave: tomorrow starts the first weekend since we've been together that my FI and I have 2 days off together in a week!  And we get it for at least the next 6 months so it will take us through the rest of the wedding planning, parties and the actual event.  Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Rant: I just realized my brother deploys to Afganistan this weekend. and I am a complete mess. I am realllllllly close to him. I'm close to all my brothers, and I would go through hell for any of them. So I'm lost knowing he's going to war and I can't do anything for him. I am trying to hold it together at work, but my poor (loving and understanding) FI will probably be the target of my misplaced emotions when I get home. and I will problably end up eating my way through my emotions this weekend.
    I just feel really bad-- his first child is due in a little over 3 weeks and he won't be there for the first 6 months of my nephews life. Plus, his wife is Peruvian, so the only family she has is her brother who lives on the east coast, and he has a baby at home so he can't help out. To make it even worse, her parents were denied visa's so they won't be able to come at all. Luckily she does have an aunt who will be able to come for a couple weeks.
    When I was at home I helped out my SIL when my brother was in the field. My dad has the attitude of "you can take care of yourself" ((keep in mind my SIL had to have surgery when a knife cut a nerve in her hand and sliced through a muscle and tendon and had restricted movement in her entire right arm for 7 weeks, and she is right handed)) and my mother is physco and unreliable -so you can't depend on her to help take care of a newborn, well anything actually. and my brother doesn't want her around his child. so I am completly wracked with guilt, because I feel like I should be there to help her. and not because I feel obligated. I love my SIL. I feel so blessed to have her as a member of my family and so thrilled that she is bringing my nephew into this world. I know that she will need help and I want to be there to help her. I just feel so bad for my SIL. her husband is at war, and she will be taking care of a newborn on her own. and I can't do anything to help.

I'm sorry -I just read that and it is like the ranting of a mad woman. I feel like I am going mad. Also I am very sorry you had to endure that. I just really needed to vent. I'm trying to remain proffessional while I'm here, but the phones just wont stop ringing, so I just needed to burst. I feel much better now, thank you.

and I don't really have a rave today. :\\

Girls is stripper heels, boys rolling in Maseratis,
    all they need in this world is some love.
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  So tired of working where I work :(

Rave: Going bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow and meeting with our florist on Sunday.  Hopefully I will be able to announce some checks on Monday!

Mgoss--I will be doing the same thing with all of the extra people FMIL insisted had to be invited (which FI and I don't know)  I'm glad I'm not alone Wink

Abriekinthewall--  Sorry about what your family is going through.  I will keep all of you in my thoughts.   You're FSIL is lucky to have you!
  • edited December 2011
    Rant:  My MOH(sister) and mom are planning my bridal shower and I'm so very grateful, however, they've scheduled it for April 2nd and still have not sent out the invites/evites.  Hopefully three weeks is enough notice for most of the invitees.

Rant:  Sent another email to bridesmaids, just giving them a heads up that my sister has planned the Bridal Shower for 4/2 and recieved no reply.  Yes, I did not ask a question, but just a simple, "Good to know" would suffice.

Rave:  With talk of the bridal shower, it's starting to feel more and more real.  Next month I'll be able to say that my wedding is "next month."  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rant: Late RSVPers, people adding plus 1's, FI not being able to help me with anything because he has finals, and work piling on the last minute requests.

Rave: 1 week to go!  Things are starting to really come together and I'm just plain getting excited.  Also...only 1 more day of work!
  • edited December 2011
    Rave: I had such a wonderful day with FI, with a break from wedding planning/research. We went to the zoo and the beach, it was so nice to be outside and not freeze. 

Rave: Had to go to a meeting with a vocational rehab woman, which I was really dreading. It actually turned out to be a pleasant experience with a very nice woman.

I am in such a good mood, I can't think of any rants! Laughing Let's hope this lasts....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards