Texas-San Antonio

Free to a good home: Wedding Magazines

Got tons of wedding magazines and our wedding is over. They gotta go, i need the space! 

These things weren't cheap but some are as old as 2008.  

I have The Knot, The Knot Texas, San Antonio Weddings and Brides.  

I will ship but it will be on your dime.  If you live in SATX, i will meet you somewhere safe to hand them over.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Free to a good home: Wedding Magazines

• edited December 2011
    I would gladly take them! How much would it cost to ship to Spokane, WA? Also, how many do you have?
  • edited December 2011
    I count 43, plus 2 books from TheKnot:  The Knot Book of Wedding Lists and The Complete Guide to Weddings in the Real World.  I think there are more in a box we didn't unpack after we moved last year.

I will have to shop the shipping rates between UPS, Fedex, and the Post Office.  

While I'm cleaning up and putting away gift boxes today, I'll try to find some that are good fits for the size of a manageable stack of magazines, so that neither one of us has to lift one huge heavy box.  I'll mesure and weigh, then I should be able to get an accurate shipping cost estimate.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OK I couldn't wait, i had to find out!!!!  I went to the Post Office website, and used their rate calculator to compare a few of their shipping options.  

The results were very interesting!  According to their calculations, I could send a pile of magazines from San Antonio TX to Spokane WA measuring 8.5" wide by 11" long by 5.5" tall via parcel post for about $22, or i could send the same stack of magazines using a Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box for $11.

I picked out the thickest magazines i had sitting out, and piled them up until the stack was about 5.25" tall.  It took 8 magazines.  

Therefore, i could ship you a minimum of 8 magazines for every $11 you are willing to spend on shipping.  At that rate, your average cost per magazine would be $1.38. 

That's a minimum of 75% less than what i paid for them brand new.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! I think I'll take one shipment, so $11 worth. Can I pay you via paypal?
  • edited December 2011
    I think so. i do have a paypal account but i have never received payment - i've only used it to send payment.

Is there any content i should give preference to when i pick the issues to fill your one box?  Like, you may not want the Texas issues of The Knot magazine if your event will be in WA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Actually I just go to school in Washington; my wedding will be in Illinois. :) Either way, you're right about the Texas issues.  My style is more of an old fashioned, sweet and simple kind of thing. So I don't really want anything too modern or edgy. Other than that, any variety is great!

If you private message me the email address that your paypal account is under, that's all the info I'll need to transfer the money to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,

Do you happen to have any of your magazines/books left?  I live in San Antonio, and I would love to take them if there are any left!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I've been so busy though that i haven't even sent off the first batch to Spokane yet! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello Jess and Jtmc,

I have private messaged both of you about getting your magazines to you.  Please get back to me. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards