April 2012 Weddings
Options

One Year Mark journal!

Everyone hits the one year mark this month, so I was thinking it would be fun if, when you hit 1 year out, you post exactly what you are thinking about, or what your biggest concern is, or what you are most excited for right now (WR or NWR).  We can dig up this post when everyone is 6 months out, 3 months out, etc, and see how things changed!

Maybe an epic fail, but I though I'd try it.  I'll post my thoughts tomorrow when I hit 1 yr!

Re: One Year Mark journal!

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like a neat idea! I'm game. I will post in 8 days!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    My 1 year mark is tomorrow. :) I'll have to remember to come back tomorrow to post. :3
    TTC #1 since November 2012

My Ovulation Chart

Anniversary
  • Options
    Mine is today! I can't help but be excited. I think we are pretty much on track. My one concern is that I don't have confirmation from our venue yet. The lady we've been working with left the company and now the new girl is , I guess, trying to catch up on all the work. So everything is happening really slowly. Unfortunately, we aren't in the same state because I would've driven up there to resolve this. Oh well, I guess this is my first test of patience. Luckily we have it held so she can't give it away. After this is all taken care of ,we are gonna get rolling on the vendor search.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_one-year-mark-journal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:86b8f8dd-4b63-4367-9631-e485158afb97Post:c7629ef6-ba47-477f-b6d7-d912576cfe9d">Re: One Year Mark journal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is today! I can't help but be excited. I think we are pretty much on track. My one concern is that I don't have confirmation from our venue yet. The lady we've been working with left the company and now the new girl is , I guess, trying to catch up on all the work. So everything is happening really slowly. Unfortunately, we aren't in the same state because I would've driven up there to resolve this. Oh well, I guess this is my first test of patience. Luckily we have it held so she can't give it away. After this is all taken care of ,we are gonna get rolling on the vendor search.
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, as long as you have the date held you should be fine for a while. I guess you gave them a deposit to insure this? Be sure to get to signing the contract soon too, if you haven't already. Just stay on top of her and make sure you don't get overlooked! Tell her you know it is a stressful time but you want to be sure that all your ducks are in a row!</div><div>
    </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Sounds like fun but I just passed my one year mark :(
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options

Great idea! Ok so our wedding is one year from today :o) This time next year we'll still be full steam ahead in our reception since it's ending at 12:30am lol So far everything has been great! Looked into twenty something venues, visiting 16 before making our choice after watching 4 Weddings on a whim! I still can't believe that that's what finally prompted us to check out the Crystal Plaza lol We've been engaged for over a year now and have really taken our time to pick each vendor and plan things out thoroughly. We still have to book our photographer, but that will be done shortly, as well as make arrangements with the church. Last night I received an email from the guy who was supposed to shoot our wedding letting us know that he signed another client for our day. Little stressful! I stayed up until the middle of the night researching other videographers and sending out frazzled emails hahaha Needless to say that I was a walking zombie today at work lol My fiance kept calling me during the day to say "hello" and see how my day was going. It was a little wierd...come to find out, he had ordered me flowers...which never came! lolol hence all the calls which finally ended with a, "didn't you get something from me today???!!!" lol
    What I'm most worried about right this second? Foliage! lol Becaue of the horrible winter we just had, everything is coming up very slowly and the trees are barren! We visited our venue this past weekend to check out how the landscaping looks this time of year to help us to plan best for pictures and the trees had nada on them. YIKES! However they assured me today that typically they have quite a bit more by this time in April and said they'd try to make arrangements with mother nature for me next year haha!
    Most looking forward too? Hmmnn..a lot of things! Getting married for one! :o) I'm super excited to see my dress, but it's going to take 9 months to be made. I'm also really excited to have my flower trial to see the finalized centerpeices, bouquets etc. 

So far everything has been great! Our families are thrilled and are all looking forward to the big day. I get asked about the wedding daily, with a lot of people thinking that I just got married b/c it's been so long! lol  I find myself constantly buying bridal magazines, although I have no idea why lol Its gotten a little ridiculous lately and they are all over my house!

I'll keep you girls updated on my 6 months out post! :oD
    Congrats April 2012 Brides!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mybestfriend - do it anyway!! it's still your thoughts when you are just about at the 1 year mark :)  
  • Options
    Now that I'm a year away from the wedding, I'm thinking:

- Time flies!  How have we been engaged for 10 months already?
    - I'm SO GLAD I started planning early.  Having almost all my vendors booked is a huge relief
    - I need to pick between 2 florists currently, and I'm having a tough time b/c I liked both of them.  I'm tempted to just go with the cheaper one, but I'm unsure.
    - Life-wise, I'm hoping FI and I can move to the same city soon and that I can publish a paper shortly so my PhD will be finished.  I don't have tons of time to focus on the wedding because of my research right now.

• Options
    Today is also my one year mark!

- I have some of my vendors booked (church, reception venue, photographer), and have a pretty good idea of who I want to book for everything else - just getting the money together for the deposits has been tough. Financially I'll be in a much better position at the end of June, but I'm so impatient!!

- We also have our second meeting with our ceremony officiant (my parish priest), and I'm SUPER nervous. The first meeting went ok, but my priest is old and somewhat strict about things, and he doesn't like the fact that my fiance isn't Catholic (and doesn't want to convert, which I am completely ok with).

- I guess I'm just really excited to be getting into the full swing of planning now that it's officially a year away. When people ask me when I'm getting married, I can just say April 14th, and not have to say April 14th of next year.

- I CAN'T WAIT to buy a house at the end of the year/beginning of next. I can't wait to have a home that is OURS. It still seems far away though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yesterday was technically my one year mark - but I was too busy with school and work to be able to post. :(

-I can't believe we've been engaged for a year! Time definitely does fly when you're having fun.
    -How are we going to pay for everything?! Families aren't helping too much so it seems like a lot that we have to come up with (I know, though, that it will be worth it and that we'll be able to do it - just kinda freaking out about it)
    -We have the meeting with the photographer today - what if we don't click, the packages have changed since last time we spoke about them (last year), where to have the engagement session done (I actually just saw a good idea - Dave and Busters (we had our first date there and we both love video games)
    -Am I going to have time for all the DIY stuff I want to do, especially cause I don't know WHAT to do for some of it.

I'm sure there's more I'll start fretting about, but that's all I can really think of right now.
    TTC #1 since November 2012

My Ovulation Chart

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_one-year-mark-journal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:86b8f8dd-4b63-4367-9631-e485158afb97Post:2e63ad17-a8ac-4f1b-a3fe-652267c1de3a">Re: One Year Mark journal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One Year Mark journal! : Yeah, as long as you have the date held you should be fine for a while. <strong>I guess you gave them a deposit to insure this? Be sure to get to signing the contract soon too, if you haven't already</strong>. Just stay on top of her and make sure you don't get overlooked! Tell her you know it is a stressful time but you want to be sure that all your ducks are in a row!
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

Yes they have the deposit and the signed contract. I'm just a bit put off because i haven't received any emails or phone call to acknowledge that they received it or to say anything about where we go from here. IDK , i just thought it was unprofessional and a bit rude to not contact us. Oh and we still haven't heard from her. bah hum bug.lol But i agree with you and am gonna emai her again tomorrow.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Okay sooooo one year out and im LOVING this thing called wedding planning. Im having so much fun and im meeting so many amazing brides to be. As for what worries me the most right now I would say theres 3 things.
    1.) I agree with mdphd WOW time is flying by now. I cant believe how quickly April has come and almost went.
    2.) Im nervous because the DJ I had pretty much booked hasnt returned a call or email in over a month. Sooooo ive started calling others and im hoping to find someone even better than the first one I wanted but sheesh living in a little town theres just not a lot of them available. Fingers crossed on this one!!!!
    3.) Im a DIY bride and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! That being said im taking on the task of making all our flower items from pomanders to bouquets to bouts, to corsages so im pretty nervous about this one as I have never made any of these before other than the pomanders. Lucky for me I made them for my SILs wedding so ive got pomander experience. But the other parts are a little scary for me. I hope I can tackle them with no problem but they sure are worrying me at the moment.

Other than this everything is amazing and slowly but surely turning into the wedding of our dreams!!!! I cant wait and again let me say I love all the wonderful knotties we have here on this board!
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    Ok so my ticker in my siggy says one year, but my knot page says 366 days because of the leap year! So I am celebrating today because its the 21st. =D

How am I feeling today?
    -Annoyed with my father, because he cannot give me an answer about whether or not my siblings are going to be in the wedding (remember the stepmom situation? sigh)
    -Like a lot of you said, I'm glad I've done a lot of planning already. 4 months have flown by! The venue, caterer, officiant, and DJ are booked. That said, we still have details to work out, like finalizing decor and picking a menu. 
    -FI was not as enthused about our "pre" anniversary as I would have liked, but he isn't really excited about wedding things in general. Men. Actually I like it this way, rather than fight with him over every detail. At least I get to call most of the shots. 
    -I feel like, for whatever reason, that my grandma and MOH are taking things more seriously now that we are about to be under the year mark. I got some weird vibes from them about my decision to have a longer engagement, but now I think they see why I wanted to and are coming around anyway since the clock is ticking. 
    -Looking forward to the next big milestone: 9 months! =D I will be sending save the dates between 10 and 9 months. Woooo!

• Options
    I'm one year out today!  My aunt and my MOH texted me about it - guess they don't need a save-the-date to remind them :)

So what am I thinking about?  Mostly that I can't wait to marry my best friend, and how lucky I am to have him in my life.  I'm really looking forward to living in the same city, and being done with the long distance stuff - we've been long distance for 2 of the 3 years we've been together.  Next year at this time so much will be different, I'll be done with grad school, and we'll be living in Texas (instead of MI).  But we'll be together, and that's what I'm really looking forward to.

Like TripleJToBe, I'm a little surprised by the lack of foliage!  Maybe I just never had a reason to pay attention to how many trees were in bloom on April 21st :)

In terms of wedding planning, I'm starting to research photographers, and we'll order save-the-dates in the next few months.  But the venue, reception/caterer, officiant, band, and cake are all taken care of, and I have my dress.  Guess I should take the girls out to go look at some BM dresses too this spring or summer!
    April 2012 Brides October Siggy Challenge
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards