Interracial Weddings
Options

new!

Hi, so glad to find this board!  FH and I are an interracial couple living in Arkansas.  Would love to see how you all are incorporating multiple cultures into your ceremonies!  :)

Re: new!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome to the board! We would like to know a little about you and your FI. When are you getting married? How did he propose? What are your colors? Do you have any furbabies or children?

-Happy Planning =]

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married December 3rd, in honor of my mom and stepdad's anniversary (mom passed in April).  We're super analytical people - not into the whole storybook proposal thing - so we talked, went ring shopping, and he proposed after popping a bottle of wine open and playing some Mariokart on the Wii.  Lol.  It was completely perfect.

Our colors are purple (the sarcoidosis awareness ribbon is purple - my DM passed from complications of sarcoidosis), green and blue - peacock colors! 

No kids.  We do have one adorable furbaby cat, Sophie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! Welcome to the board and happy planning!
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_new?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:6a34cf85-baf1-4d5a-82f5-d35607d7eca9Post:d0ea8c75-fd6c-4a85-be1d-b0f491cf3518">Re: new!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're getting married December 3rd, in honor of my mom and stepdad's anniversary (mom passed in April).  We're super analytical people - not into the whole storybook proposal thing - so we talked, went ring shopping, and he proposed after popping a bottle of wine open and playing some Mariokart on the Wii.  Lol.  It was completely perfect. Our colors are purple (the sarcoidosis awareness ribbon is purple - my DM passed from complications of sarcoidosis), green and blue - peacock colors!  No kids.  We do have one adorable furbaby cat, Sophie.
    Posted by operarockstar[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a great proposal! Your wedding colors are gorgeous!  Pics of your adorable furbaby? Sorry about your mom's passing.. Sending knottie vibes your way!
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your Mother. 

Congrats on your engagement, and Welcome to the Board!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome...seems we have a lot in common.  My mom is gone too...her birthday is my wedding day 4/14/12 and my colors are purple, silver & lilac.  Again...welcome.
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  I am very sorry to hear about your mother. 

We have lots in common!  I'm also getting married on a 3 (September 3rd) in honor of my grandfather's birthday and we have the same wedding colors!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the welcome!  I won't be around every day (working a LOT right now) but I'll try to come around as much as possible.

We have decided that while we're keeping the reception in December...that we're eloping in two weeks!  Ack!  Stressed trying to pull everything together, but excited :)

Us with our furbaby:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards