Chit Chat
Options

Wedding Timeline

Does anyone have a good template for a wedding day ceremony / reception timeline? Our wedding is at 4 pm - I am meeting with my wedding coordinator this weekend and she just emailed me asking for a rough draft and I have no clue what to do....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Timeline

• Options
    First thing- give yourself an extra hour to do your hair and makeup. Whatever you think you need, add an hour. =) 

Are you doing a first look? That would determine a lot too. We did:

Hair - 9 to noon
    Lunch @ noon
    Makeup - 1pm (Photographer and videographer arrive then)
    Get dressed at 2 to 2:30
    First look & bridal pictures 3 - 5pm
    Hiding at 5:30pm
    Ceremony at 6:30
    Reception 7-10:30pm (really really wish it had been longer!)

Reception was:
    Cocktails 7 - 7:30 (ceremony and reception were at the same place, so there was no drive time)
    Dinner - 7:30pm
    Speeches at 7:45
    First Dance / Parents Dances - 8pm
    Dessert opens at 8:30 ish
    Party the rest of the night!

Honestly, I do not know if we did these different reception things at these times. I didn't look at a clock the whole reception. Make sure your DJ or MC is clear on the timeline, and trust them to keep everything in line. 
  • Options

Thanks...here is some more information..sorry should have posted this in the initial post...

The ceremony will start at 4:15pm and will last approx 30 to 45 mins

We will be having a cocktail hour

The reception will be a sit down, plated dinner (salad, main course, desert)  and we will also be doing the cake cutting ceremony

My thought for dancing was to have our first dance following the introductions into the ceremony and then the mother/son dance and father/daughter dance after dinner? Money dance my mother is insisting upon, and garter / bouquet toss.

We have to be out of the room by midnight but have to turn the music down at 11pm

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One more thing, we are doing most wedding pictures before the ceremony with the exception of me and John together...so all the girls, bride pictures, getting ready, all the guys, groom picutres, etc.

We aren't doing a first look - I thought it would be kind of neat, but my fiance is set on seeing me for the first time when I walk down the isle
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards