Massachusetts-Boston

Vendor Review Boston/South Shore

Hey all,  I figured I would tell you about a few of my vendors that I used for my South Shore wedding.  We were married at a private golf club and had the reception there as well.  Everything was absolutely perfect!

Invitations - Signatures By Sarah (online)

I happened across Sarah's site when I was looking at wedding invitations.  She has a set price for certain designs and will work with you to change them on however you want.  Needless to say, the invitations/monograms came out amazing and we got so many compliments on them.  Once she sent us the files for the designs we went to a local print shop and had them printed.  We ordered envelopes and belly bands from cardsandpockets.com.  By using Sarah and local print shops as well as cards and pockets, we saved ourselves a boatload in money and time compared to if we did the pocketfolds ourselves or had them all premade.  

Florist - Joanne Nikitas (Plymouth)

I couldn't even begin to tell you how many florists we met with before we came to a decision.  It had to have been around 7 or 8 different people/companies.  Joanne beat all of their prices and gave us more than most places would have.  I had my bridal bouquet and toss, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 6 groomsmen bouts, 1 groom bout, 1 grandfather bout, corsages for moms stepmoms and sisters, roses for the aisles, 2 alter pieces, 10 floating candle with submerged orchids centerpieces (and there might be a few other things I'm missing) all for well under 2k.  She was so knowledgeable and that was a huge help since I know nothing about flowers.  She was prompt the day of, was in and out and had everything in order.  I couldn't be happier.

DJ - DJ Tommy (Boston)

This man made the wedding.  He was an absolute blast to work with and kept the evening running smoothly and was awesome at transitioning between things.  He even did the ceremony music and in all honesty I didn't even know he was there from the way he set things up.  He took the time to work with me on music and had great ideas for certain things where I had none.  He made everyone feel comfortable and the dance floor was packed the entire night so I couldn't have been more pleased.  He was very helpful in the timing of when things should occur and as I have said kept things running smoothly.  He also worked with me for my idea of doing a "fun" dance with my dad after our formal dance.  It all worked out wonderful and I would highly recommend using him!

Florist - Jessica Doherty Photography (Carver)

Jessica was so much fun to work with.  We booked her well in advance (almost a year out) because the fall is her busy season.  She has so many options for pricing and was able to give us everything we wanted within a reasonable price range.  I barely noticed she was there on the wedding day besides the formal pictures.  She did an amazing job capturing the overall feel of our wedding and had some great unique ideas for photos that I never would have thought of!  The assistant that she brought with her was wonderful and was really helpful.  I think they helped me with the bustle and holding my dress on more than one occasion.  She even gave me some nice stretches to do when my feet were cramping in my heels.  They were both so awesome.  Her album pricing is also very reasonable and I would definitely recommend checking her out.

Limo - M3 Transportation (Brockton)

We used their 10 seater limo bus for the wedding.  We really only needed to use it as a shuttle for before the ceremony and afterwards for the bar.  They were very accommodating with this.  The driver was fun, nice, and very reliable. As I said before, it was mainly used as a shuttle and definitely served its purpose.  The main reason we went with them is because their pricing could not be beat.  We were getting quotes for upper hundreds to close to a thousand dollars for what we wanted and were told that the limo would be in service the full time rather than being used as a shuttle.  M3 quoted us for well under what the other companies were charging.  At the end of the evening the driver was even willing to drop some people off at a hotel that was on the way to where he was going.  Such great service!

I hope this is helpful.  We spent so much time researching venues in the south shore, and vendors that if you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can.  Best of luck to everyone planning.

A small PS... If anyone is in need of some heart shaped candy jars or Ikea Tolsby Frames (12 used once... a few others brand new) let me know.  I have a few other things I can sell on the cheap as well.

Re: Vendor Review Boston/South Shore

• Thank you for posting this!! I am going to check out that limo service for sure! Congrats on your wedding! :
  • Oops!  I also forgot to add my cake/cupcakes!

The Kake Place - Plymouth, MA
    She is awesome and really takes the time to listen to what the customer really wants.  Her attention to detail is amazing and she's definitely a perfectionist!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards