Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Masquerade Wedding

Greetings!

I may be newly engaged, but my fiance and I have had certain ideas picked out for some time. I am planning on being married on November 1st, 2014. While I have plenty of time, I know that my cousin (married just four days ago,) had to book 1.5 years in advanced.

My problem is that I really want a 'real' ballroom so that I can have a 'real' masqyerade for my reception. There doesn't seem to be too many options for me... I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Help, anyone??

Thank you,

A_F

Re: Masquerade Wedding

• Options
    These Boards are for everywhere, not just your specific geographic region. Try posting on the Local Wedding Board for Pittsburgh.  Located under the Local Wedding Boards Tab on the left.  They will probably have some suggestions for you.

Good Luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Masquerade Wedding:[QUOTE]Greetings!I may be newly engaged, but my fiance and I have had certain ideas picked out for some time. I am planning on being married on November 1st, 2014. While I have plenty of time, I know that my cousin married just four days ago, had to book 1.5 years in advanced.My problem is that I really want a 'real' ballroom so that I can have a 'real' masqyerade for my reception. There doesn't seem to be too many options for me... I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Help, anyone??Thank you,A_F Posted by aeternus0flamma[/QUOTE]

You could try the grand concourse. I think they have a ballroom.

However, I really discourage the masquerade thing for your wedding. This is a wedding, not a costume party.
  • Options
    Pittsburg is a pretty big city, I'm sure most of the larger hotels have ballrooms.  As PPs said, check your local boards.

I have to echo cmgilpin -- I'm not much of a fan of costume parties expect for Halloween, which will be the day before your wedding.  When Halloween's over, it's over.
  • Options
    I have to agree with PPs.  Don't do a "masquerade" wedding.  Your guests will incur various expenses in order to be able to attend-don't add the cost of a costume on top of it.
  • Options
    meh-while i think the masquerade thing in theory is great in reality it's a pita.
    personally i hate dressing up even for halloween so if i am forced to wear some mask that you bought online for $2 i wouldn't be a happy guest.

imo=this needs more thought.

what you can do is incorporate the masquerade theme into your decor-centerpieces, invites etc.. that way you get that feel without pushing it onto your guests.

if you DO end up doing the masquerade reception though i would ask you to let your guests know before hand=that way if they have a mask that they like to wear that they can bring it ( i have one from rome that i love).

• Options
    I love the masquerade idea! Although I'm biased....I live and breathe for Halloween.
  • Options
    Wow so many negative comments...she didnt ask if you liked her theme, she asked if there was a ballroom anyone knew about. I LOVE your theme for the record..and if my guests dont like the same one Im doing, they dont have to bother coming! Its MY wedding and I will do what I want to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards