Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Internship Stuffs!

I've been panicking about housing lately.  Seriously, freaking out.  Everyone I've talked to either charges out the butt, is crazy, or has like 8 cats.  And I'm highly allergic to cats.

I had a woman email me and ask me to call her last week, and I just hadn't gotten around to it until today.  And when I called, we got along great!  She's got a gorgeous room, she's half an hour from the lab, and she's sane.  The family has food allergies, so they're good with the label reading, and they have family with celiac.  She sews!  When i told her I had gotten back into sewing recently, she was like "bring your sewing machine with you, I have a great spot we can set it up!"

She's a little more expensive than some of the other offers I've gotten ($100/week), but I feel like I'm willing to spend that extra $25/week to get along with the family I'm staying with.  I'm not making decisions tonight, but I told her I'd let her know in a week or two what my final decsion is.  She said that after talking with me, she'd love for me to stay with them.

I'm just EXCITED.  This is HAPPENING!!!  OMG OMG OMG

The only other thing that needs to happen between now and then is that I need to find Elle.  Yep.  That's it. 

SQUEE!
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: Internship Stuffs!

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    WHOOOOT!!!  That is so wonderful Peeks!!!  I am so happy for you!  I hope you pick her :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    that sounds amazing, Peek!!  I hope everything works out for you!!
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :) Yay!!

You're going to LOVE Sarasota! I'm glad you found a pretty wonderful option of somewhere to stay!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Sounds like a pretty awesome place to stay!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you found something that seems to be a good fit. I always find housing stuff so stressful - I'm sure it's a huge weight off your chest now!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY that's awesome! So happy for you!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, it sounds like a great fit!
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! That sounds like a cool place!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Yay Peek!! I hope it works out!!!

• Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a great fit! I definitely remember some of the crazy people that I could have ended up living with, feel your pain on how frustrating that can be!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sharing a living space can be so tough...especially when you aren't one of the original inhabitants. I'm so glad you've found someone you might enjoy living with - not just someone you could tolerate. Here's to hoping everything else goes smooth for you from here on out!

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  I'm still super pumped!  So, I'm going to hold off until after Thanksgiving and then give her a call.  I don't want to rush into anything.  :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Woot!  I hope it works out for ya!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    YAY! Good stuff. Oh, also... It's looking like we're going to do our ski trip the week before Christmas, meaning we'll be back home for NYE. We haven't finalized anything, but that's the direction we're leaning... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, she sounds super sweet.  I hope that it all comes together for yoU!

I've never been brave enough to rent a room from a stranger, but with skype and such these days you can really get more insight on the person and the space before commiting so that is a huge plus!   Update us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-internship-stuffs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bb989f64-e7a8-4cf9-9d0d-fcdd46437a00Post:30e23ed0-127b-46d4-b9c8-076b2940f53b">Re: AW: Internship Stuffs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY! Good stuff. Oh, also... It's looking like we're going to do our ski trip the week before Christmas, meaning we'll be back home for NYE. We haven't finalized anything, but that's the direction we're leaning... :)
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG OMG OMG.  I just peed myself.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-internship-stuffs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bb989f64-e7a8-4cf9-9d0d-fcdd46437a00Post:2e4aeeed-1e11-4b34-952d-4392f3ff9c3d">Re: AW: Internship Stuffs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Internship Stuffs! : OMG OMG OMG.  I just peed myself.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Eeeeeeeeeeee!

I invited Sunbird to spend NYE with us, too, but apparently she'll be on her honeymoon or something like that... It didn't sound important. Lame.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-internship-stuffs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bb989f64-e7a8-4cf9-9d0d-fcdd46437a00Post:3245f20a-94f8-47ba-8806-eb3db2e92065">Re: AW: Internship Stuffs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Internship Stuffs! : Eeeeeeeeeeee! I invited Sunbird to spend NYE with us, too, but apparently she'll be on her honeymoon or something like that... It didn't sound important. Lame.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Doesn't she know that we're more important than her stupid husband?</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm bout to email you my cellular numba!</div>
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards