New Jersey
Options

So about how much is a decent photography package..not sure what I really need?

Hi girls...

Ok totally new to looking for a photographer for my monmouth county beach wedding. Who would you recommend? Not sure how to really get one? I had two of them send me packages ...don't want a chintzy package but what are the options you need ? There were albums, 8x10, etc....I felt so confused. Can you tell me maybe what your packages included??

More importantly how much should a mid size package run....HELP

Thanks,
Danielle

Re: So about how much is a decent photography package..not sure what I really need?

• Options
    We are going with Abella Studios.  They are pricey, even at their bare-bones package.  But we felt like it was worth it because photos last forever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going with Jason Rhee. He sent me over a list of packages and from there he worked with me on what I was going for. I didn't want all the fancy extras. Albums and ports' weren't things I was interested in doing. I wanted someone to take amazing pics and then let me do what I wanted with them. Jason also gives full rights to the photos. If you want to have all the pictures that were taken - ask photographers if you have full rights to them or if you have to pay extra for that.
  • Options
    We're using Heyn Photography based out of Wall.  Our package is a little over $5,000.  It includes an engagement session (with 2 photographers) with a disc of all engagement photos, 9 hours of coverage (also with 2 photographers), a 75 photo album, a parent album, and a disc with all images (which we will use to make prints ourselves of the photos we want).  The most important thing to me, besides the quality of the photography, was the we had the rights to all of our photos, so I would definitely ask any photographer you meet with about that.

Marissa has been a pleasure to work with so far.  We had our engagement session and LOVED how they came out.  Neither my fiance or I are comfortable in front of the camera, and she really put us at ease and made us look great.  It really helps to meet with the photographers to know if you "click" since they are with you the whole day.  You will know when you meet the right one! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My package was $5,400 (using McKay Imaging) and included full day coverage (aka no time limit), 900 4x6 prints, a 50 page bridal album and a DVD with full rights to my images.

It can get confusing - here's some things I think are good to keep in mind:

- Hours of coverage (overtime can get pricey)
    - Rights to the images
    - Album styles offered (you can always go back later to have one created if it's not in the budget now)
    - Number of photographers (personally, having 2 was a must have for me)
    - Extra sessions offered (ie. Engagement)

Keep in mind - you are going to get prices ALL over the place.  There's not necessarily an "average" because there are so many different styles out there.  Start with a budget, and the board can recommend photographers in that price range that may fit your style, whatever that may be. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpaone24mpaone24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Yea, I have the rights to the photos as well.  And because we booked on the first appointment, we are getting discounts on other packages in case we upgrade, as well as a free engagement session.  We also have the choice that if the prices on the other packages go up (because of changes to the packages) we can either stick with the prices we were given for those packages or get a newer upgraded package at the new price.  Our basic package is costing a little over $2K after taxes.

And we get full day coverage up to 12 hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RMMJSRMMJS member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    We are using Sean Patrick and he is out of Monmouth county. He charges $3500 for the day and that includes engagement session. His work is very unique and he has a great and genuine personality. Good luck!
  • Options
    We're using Robert Wayne Photography who is probably too far north, but I don't know how much he travels.

We'll probably end up in the low $3k range and get full day photography, disc of images wilth full rights, a beautiful and large high-end album for us and a pair of very good quality photobooks for our parents.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We spent around $3,600 and that included 13 hours of two photographers, a DVD with all of the images on it, pictures available online to view, and one 10x10 album. I felt that was a reasonable price because most of my friends spent more. We just printed our own pics from Adorama Pix online and the quality was great - it was also a lot cheaper.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Albums weren't in our budget for now, so we went with the basic package at RyoNo Photo which comes with an e-session, all-day coverage, 2nd shooter, and a slideshow during the reception of your ceremony & BP pictures. 
  • Options
    Photography by Orlando in Nutley.

Negociate prices! Pay in cash.
  • Options
    We had 2 photographers, we get the dvd with all the pics, a big book for us & 2 smaller books with the same pics in them for our parents (100 pics in the book) & she spent all day with us.  She went to (now husband) FI house for his getting ready, then drove 30 mins to where I was getting ready, then church, park & then hall - they left hall about 10:30pm.  Our pkg also included an engagement shoot & it was just over 5K.  We loved her, the photos are amazing.  She took over 1600 pics.  Gerda from Artist European Photography.  She is located in Middletown.  Call her, you will love her energy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards