Texas-Austin

Newbie!~

Hi all!  i am newly engaged and just gettihg plugged into the knottie community...lol i think i am going to like being a knottie bride....
I just got engaged about a week ago and am SO excited to start this next chapter and all the planning that goes into it!!! 
I ALSO so excited to have a group of ladies to bounce ideas off of....i currently live in the Dallas area near my fiance(still weird saying that)and his family but i will be having my wedding in the Austin area because my family is from the Houston area... we are just gonna kinda meet in the middle.....
I have so much to plan...heck my wedding date is not even set in stone...its more of an idea now.....but i am thinking a rustic outdoor ceremony with a reception in a beautiful barn with exposed celings.......colors maybe yellow grey and a bit of pink......

who knows but NICE TO MEET you all!!!!!

and of course any ideas would and will always be helpful and appreciated!!!

Re: Newbie!~

• edited December 2011
    welcome and congrats on the engagement!

your idea of a rustic outdoor ceremony with a reception in a barn sounds terrifically similar to mine :) my fiance and I are getting married in Dripping Springs (about 30 minutes west of Austin) at Vista West Ranch.  Take a look at the website.  It's really beautiful

http://vistawestranch.com/

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! 

For the wedding you're describing, it reminded me of a wedding I went to in November at Texas Old Town in Kyle. The reception wasn't held in a barn, but in a very similar building that had the exposed ceilings that you are talking about. The scenery outside was beautiful, too. 

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I know you arent technically in Austin so just know the Austin knotties are great and can help you a ton on finding great places and vendors. I suggest looking back through old posts here and look at the vendor reviews to get ideas and suggestions.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say that Kali Kate would be a perfect venue for you.  I loved it, but my husband felt it was too rustic for his taste.  It's beautiful though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards