Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

stuffed mushrooms

We are DIY our buffet style food.  My dad has a butcher shop (we're very country) that we use during deer season and sometimes 1 beef a year.  So we're going to do a hog, salads, pasta salads, maybe some fetuchini, but FI is really only requesting 2 things for the entire wedding and that is karaoke (check) and stuffed mushrooms....even if it's just cheese stuffed mushrooms that would be fine!  my mom seems to think it would be really hard to make and as soon as they came out they would be cold!! So she is advising against them, but I really want to do this for FI.  If any of you have any ideas or good recepies I would SO MUCH appreciate it! TIA

Re: stuffed mushrooms

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why not just order a crap load of stuffed mushrooms from a restaurant that does them?  Have someone pick them up right before the reception or see if the restaurant will deliver. You can put them in an aluminum tray and keep it warm using a sterno light. 

FI gets his mushrooms.  Mom doesn't have to make them. Win win. 
  • Options
    ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_stuffed-mushrooms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:3179a312-96a1-43a6-acd5-5f269c1e6f6bPost:e02f6bc1-b8f7-44fe-8f01-1594a18b4f03">Re: stuffed mushrooms</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not just order a crap load of stuffed mushrooms from a restaurant that does them?  Have someone pick them up right before the reception or see if the restaurant will deliver. You can put them in an aluminum tray and keep it warm using a sterno light.  FI gets his mushrooms.  Mom doesn't have to make them. Win win. 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

This. x 1000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest ordering from a restaurant.  If you are set on doing it yourself, I'd make the filling/stuffing ahead of time and either freeze or refrigerate it.  Maybe prepare the mushrooms (wash, remove the stem) the night before and stuff then if you can?  Not sure how far in advance you can do it, but at the very least I'd premake the filling.  Then bake and I guess place them in a chafing dish if you have one.  Good luck!  I love stuffed mushrooms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know why i didn't think of just ordering from resturant! I guess my mind is just stuck on me doing or if i had to have a caterer do it!  I need to aparantly think outside my little box!  lol thanks ladies for opening my eyes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your post made me hungry :D 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards