Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Reception... HELP!!!!

I want an outdoor ceremony but indoor reception. I just visited Western Reserve Historical Society and have absolutely fell in love with their Hannah garden for the ceremony. I just need a reasonable reception site in the area (downtown, eastside)... I wanted Courthouse but it turned out too pricey. I have 125 guest-150 max and I am trying to stay around 10k. I want Tudor Arms based on the photos but have no idea about their packages. Has anyone ever been to Tudor Arms? Any info? Or any other suggestions for a reasonable Friday June wedding reception site?

Thanks
Signed Bride In Distress

Re: Reception... HELP!!!!

• Options
    Maybe check out Massimo's just on the west side of downtown? It is supposed to be reasonably priced and can hold up to 200.

The Hermit Club behind Playhouse square is amazingly cheap, but not sure if they can hold 150 guests. It might be for smaller groups?

Um... maybe Josaphat Arts Hall?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!!! I looked at Josaphat but for some reason they dont do evening weddings in June-August accordingly to the website. Plus you have to go through Taste Of Excellence which can get pricey.

Have you heard of anything about Tudor Arms (Doubletree Hotel)?

I will take a look at the others you suggested. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi. I emailed tudor arms before, unfortunately I've deleted the info but if you email them they will get back to you with pricing and other specifics. It was out of our budget so I nixed it. Other options in the area include College club of Cleveland (near Overlook, I think) although I hard a hard time getting a hold of anybody there, as well as Nighttown in Cedar (not sure of their capacity though). Glidden house is very expensive, although in that area. Is your 10K budget just for the reception or for the whole wedding? It's going to be very difficult staying within that if you want downtown or university circle. You will probably have to go to the suburbs.
  • Options
    Around the corner from the western reserve historical society is the Ballroom at Park Lane Villa.  Their preferred caterer is delicious (we use them for work all the time) and it is an awesome space that used to be a speakeasy in the 20's
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The Tudor Arms is where we are looking to have both our reception and our ceremony. We were quoted prices just for the rooms:

"Our room rental fee for The Tudor Room is $3,300, The Crystal Room is $3,500 or $5,000 for the whole 2nd floor event space. This fee includes your linens, tables, chairs, plates, glassware, set up and break down of the room."

Let me know if you want any more info!
    The Skinny Architect: www.skinnyarchitect.com
  • Options
    We are having our ceremony at the Hanna Garden this October (it is sooo beautiful!) and then having our reception at the Marriott at Key Center. I would check both that as well as the Club at Key Center. When they email you the packages they seem really steep, but both places are willing to work with your budget and take off or change their menu to suit what you want. We have a lot of out of town guests so the Marriott was perfect, and we get 50,000 Marriott points (which along with the ones we have is allowing to have a free honeymoon in Hawaii!). The Marriott has been great, they throw in Bridal suite, upgraded rooms for the parents, discounted rooms for guests, your wedding cake is included, etc.
  • Options
    @ladymd81 It amazes me that it is so hard to get in touch with people/venues especially when you want to give them thousands of your money. I tried the Glidden House... Loved the coordinator Leary but not so much on the space since they separate the guests in two rooms. My budget is 10K just for the reception. We are willing to go as far as 12K but I want to stay close to 80 per person for the food and alcohol. So we can spend money on some luxuries like uplighting. 

@mmchamb22 It is beautiful. I wish I could just do it all there but they are renovating and I am not a big fan of their reception space. Sounds like I may have to look at the Marriott. Thats a good deal.

@petebergsh Thanks!! do you have any info on the food and alcohol?
  • Options
    I think you could definately get near $80 per person at the marriott. We ended up taking a few things out (like the desserts package, since we get a wedding cake and it seemed excessive) and adding in some other things. We were looking to be around 10k as well, and although we went over that a little (still under 12k) we found that with the chandeliers and lighting in the ballroom, and the candles that I plan to have on the tables, we will get a nice candlight glow with out needing the uplighting (which we were planning to get). Shannon is the group sales associate there and she is wonderful. She lets you upgrade 2-3 types of liquor to topshelf for no charge, throws in all sorts of extras, and really makes you feel important.
  • Options
    We were quoted $100 per person for food (a pretty good selection) and 5 hours of bar. They have different packages though as far as the bar is concerned. It's $66 per person just for the food alone. If you call them they'll e-mail you a ton of information, they are very nice!
    The Skinny Architect: www.skinnyarchitect.com
  • Options
    It would be about a half hour away, but check out Orchard Hills Club in
    Chesterland;  ask for Betty.  She is awesome; place is gorgeous, very reasonable, fits 160, huge windows look out over hills all the way to Lake Erie.
  • Options
    Massimo da milano has sit down packages for $50-60pp.  That includes the venue, open bar, cocktail items, dinner, dessert, and valet parking. They also offer buffet packages.  Their prices/menu items are on their site.  It's just outside of downtown. The pictures on the site don't do it justice... much nicer in person.  We wanted them, but they weren't available on our date. 
  • Options
    I have attended 2 hanna garden weddings where one reception was Pine Ridge CC in wickliffe (20 minutes E vs heading downtown) and the other was Windows On the River - both should be within your budget
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards