Florida-West Coast

Shepards Beach Resort, Clearwater

Hey All!
I'm looking for a place on the beach for my wedding. I'm trying to plan this from CT, and looking for a nice but not very expensive place for about 50 guests. I want the wedding right on the beach at sunset and was wondering if anyone has had theres at Shepards and how it went? If not have you done yours in a location close to this that went reallly well. Any info would be very helpful, Thanks
Trish
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shepards Beach Resort, Clearwater

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi Trish! I'm not having my wedding there but ive been there while weddings and events were happening and they looked beautiful. I would check if their glass room holds 50 their oter rooms are not wedding pretty IMO

Also check the Holiday inn banquet center right next door
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • AMPhillips86AMPhillips86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I went to a friend's wedding there about 2 weeks ago, they wanted to get married on the sand but were told that they were only able to have their ceremony on a small patio/deck outside of the main club/reception room.  While it was very pretty, and it went very well, I know it was not what my friend and her new husband had really wanted (they would have chosen somewhere else, but her mother-in-law really liked it at Shepards, and she was paying for a big chunk of the wedding so they gave in).  Their reception was inside of the Wave Nightclub room.  This is a very nice, very modernly decorated space, but unless you are going for a very South Beach Miami nightclub feel you may want to look at some other venues.  They had nice decorations, but despite even those, it still, and the bride even said she felt the same way, felt very South Beach Miami nightclubbish.  If that's what you are going for then you have the right venue, but otherwise there are many other places not too far away to check into.  The food at Shepards is good, none of the guests who I spoke with regarding the food were blown away, but none were really disappointed either.  When it comes to this venue, make sure it has the feel that you are going for, otherwise you might look to some other places.  Some suggestions of places that I have looked into for my wedding are The Sirata Beach Resort on St. Pete Beach, Tradewinds on St. Pete Beach, The Sandpearl on Clearwater Beach, The Bilmar Beach Resort in Treasure Island,  The Sheraton Sand Key Resort on Clearwater Beach, Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay on North Redington Beach, and there are a lot of others that I have seen or looked into, I have my favorites but my fiance is being difficult when it comes to picking a venue which is the only reason we haven't settled on one quite yet.  Since you're having a smaller amount of guests, you could even contact some bed and breakfasts, or other places which are not actual resorts (there's a lot of them) unless a resort is what you really want, my whole family is coming from MA so I started out at least, looking for an all in one resort to keep everything together in one place and therefore less complicated for myself, vendors, and guests but there are ways to make anywhere work with the right planning.  I did go see the Civitan (spelling?) Club, it's a smaller place on the beach, they say it can hold up to 100 I think, but that many might be kind of crowded. It was cute and beachy, you can get married in the sand and you would walk up and over a small dune to the beach during the processional. It might be worth checking out, I think they use Orange Blossom catering, I went to their tasting in St. Petersburg one time, they have good food and decent prices I believe. There are also many state/county beach parks that can arrange beach weddings, some of which will even set up tents for the reception right there, and those which won't there are usually nice places nearby to have a reception. One example of this is Honeymoon and Caladesi Island parks, or Sand Key Park for the ceremony and the Belleair Beach Community Center for the reception, although you can also do the ceremony there but unfortunately it's not on the beach.  Hope this helps, sorry for rambling. Good luck with everything Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards