New York-Hudson Valley

new..

hiii everybody

i just wanted to introduce myself, seeing that my fi will be married in the hudson valley, we may be turning to many of you for some tips and advice.  

my fi and i are both from the hudson valley, we just got engaged last week, and hope to plan a may 2012 wedding.  

we're planning on paying for everything ourselves, and any help financially from either families is not expected, but if given, greatly appreciated.  any recommendations for any vendors in the area would be really cool too!

thanks everyone, can't wait to get this ball rollin'!!

Re: new..

• edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!!!!!!

start by setting a budget and headcount, then it will be easier to narrow down places!!! What are in the HV are you looking to have your wedding in?
  • jillreymanjillreyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are both from the kingston area, so we were thinking poughkeepsie, rhinebeck, maybe millbrook.  we didn't want to go to far out for our older relatives.  where did you have your wedding?
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Guest list and budget....especially if you are paying for it yourselves (we did too).

We got married at Links at Unionvale in Lagrangeville (which is really close to millbrook, etc.) and they have some even greater packages then when i got married. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at the Villa Borghese in Wappingers Falls and were very happy!!!  My good friend got married at the Duchess Manor and was happy as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Rolling Greens. Thats were I booked my May 2012 wedding and so far they have been awesome.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jen, what is your 2012 date?
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratsssssssssssss n welcome

• carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations ,  Definately you need a head count and budget , then check out some venues from there . I am getting married at The Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac .  My one suggestion to you is to visit any place you are interested in and tell them your budget ,  If you are not glued to a specific date they can probably offer different Days/Dates etc. that can completely change the price .

Good Luck !!  and Congratualtions !!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the advice!  We have made appointments at a few places.  Hopefully we can lock something down!!
  • edited December 2011

I'm getting married May 27, 2012. Hope your planning is going well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards