Florida-Central Florida

1st Venue scouting day scheduled! Are you familiar with these venues?

Hi ladies! 

Yay! So, I'm so excited for my first day out to check out some venues. I have my day scheduled for March 28th. I know its a little early but I am too excited not to talk about it with somebody! Okay, so I am on a budget of $10,000 with no more than 100 guests, and from what I gather, these should hit around my budget, so let me know if I am wrong about any of them. These are the places that I will be going to see (hopefully all of them - scheduling now), please let me know if you have ever been to a wedding there, and what your thoughts were on it.

1. Taproom at Dubsdread in Orlando
2. Lakeside Inn in Mt. Dora
3. St. John's Golf & Country Club in St. Augustine
4. Winterbourne on the St. Johns in Orange Park

Any info you girls can give me on any of them would be so great. Thanks!
*So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 1st Venue scouting day scheduled! Are you familiar with these venues?

• edited December 2011
    I have never been to any of them but I just wanted to share what I did when I started visiting the different venues.  I made myself a table in Word Doc. and along the top Iist the names of the venues, along the left since I wrote questions to ask (how many can sit at a table, provide vendor meals?, price range pre head for food/alcohol, is the dance floor provide or charged extra, etc...) so that this way I wrote all the answers under the appropriate venue and it made it very easy to compare them to each other with all the info infront of me (and not have to flip through several pages).  Again, just wanted to share some things that made things easier for me :) Have fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a great idea ruby! I will be definitely be doing that. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ruby . Also maybe  search google for questions to ask your venue when you go in.  One big thing is to see if your venue has more then one event going on at a time. Theres some venues that have 2-3 weddings going on at the same time and then they all share a bathroom and whatnot and thats something to consider.   Also  some venue dont let you have candles or  certain things.  Can you have outside caterers ?
    Anniversary
  • msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Very good idea Ruby, I will definitely have to do that versus flipping pages :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, msphil, your wedding is a week after mine! We are both April brides!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was at Dubsdread and for the most part it was a good experience.  They have great food and our guests had a great time.  I would just suggest that if you go with them to make sure every last detail is in your contract.
  • msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_1st-venue-scouting-day-scheduled-familiar-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:7951b0c2-9651-465e-bfcb-6ba6f6220503Post:dc6981c3-16a6-4ad7-828d-4f1d07e0e0ff">Re: 1st Venue scouting day scheduled! Are you familiar with these venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, msphil, your wedding is a week after mine! We are both April brides!
    Posted by RaquelS[/QUOTE]

Yay!!!! For now it's the 21st, but we are flexible and it could very well be the 14th or 28th, but 4/21/12 has grown on me. Hopefully I get things locked down very soon!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Lakeside this Saturday! I absolutely LOVE the venue, how budget friendly they are, and how AWESOME Lisa (the coordinator there has been!). You can get married outside in different spots: The oaks, the garden, and another spot I believe. Then there's also indoors as well. Lisa will even be your day of coordinator for $200, which is next to nothing for all that she does for you! It has a very quaint, cozy, and old world charm feel to it. That's what made FI and I fall in love with it. And the cook there makes AMAZING food! Basically, I have nothing but good things to say about it. I hope you enjoy looking and checking the place out. Good luck! :D
  • edited December 2011
    Your venues are kinda in all different locations, is there a reason for this?

Dumbsbread is ok, depends on your presonal taste I like the inside better than outside but the space is kinda broken up unless you have small number of guest.

Maggie I am getting married at Annunciation.
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you should check the North Florida board for St. Johns and Winterbourne.  If I'm not mistaken, the Winterbourne is owned by a family that owns another locations which you might also want to consider.  But if you want reviews, you can get them on N. Florida board for sure.
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Dubsdread September 21, 2011. I'm having the ceremony outside in front of the tree and the reception in their ballroom. I absolutely love the place and staff has been very responsive when I've had questions (which I have had lots of them). Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards