Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Song to sing for ceremony?

I'm looking for a song for FI's cousin (who has an amazing voice) to sing during the ceremony. She will be the only vocalist, and I'm at a loss for what to ask her to sing. If I ask her to choose the song, she will most likely choose something in Italian, etc., while we are going for something more modern. Most of our ceremony music is Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Ben Harper with a musical song or two thrown in as well.

Any suggestions? I want to let her know this weekend so we can order the sheet music :)

Re: Song to sing for ceremony?

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My grandpa is an amazing singer and he'll be doing What a Wonderful World in or ceremony.  Sort of off beat but such a classic song!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a singer myself, I would much rather be given at least a few to pick from - because I'm great at singing Italian arias and English art songs, but I'd sound pretty terrible singing a Jason Mraz song.  Keep in mind your vocalists strengths and range, because even if you pick a song you like to listen to on the radio, you might not like to listen to your cousin sing it.  I think your best bet is to sit down with her and share your concerns.  Maybe ask her to pick 3 or 4 songs with varying styles for you to pick from? 
  • Options
    jaimed99jaimed99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having the same dilemma...our friend (who is a professional singer) is going to sing at our wedding and I have a general idea of what songs he can sing (he does predominantly opera) but I don't know what exactly would work for a wedding ceremony...

Golden...that's awesome that your grandfather is singing for your wedding! Mine was a wonderful singer as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards