New Jersey - South
Options

Vendor Reviews!!

Dress:
Davids Bridal-Mt Laurel....B+
I really dont have any complaints about Davids, but our "consultant" was totally useless...My dress came in beautifully and earlier than expected and the same with my girls dresses!  My girls had to work really hard the day we tried on dresses, and I am lucky enough that my mother in law is a seamstress so i didnt need them to do alterations for me.

Make Up
Creations by Mia A+++++++++
I took the recommendation of another South Jersey knottie Jodi!! And I am so glad I did.  Mia was wonderful and listened to everyones wants and desires.  I dont wear make up on a normal basis, and she made me look natural and beautiful!!  My aunt was so happy when she was done that she said Mia does have a magic miracle in her box...I cant thank Mia enough or say kinder words!

Hair
Deb's Mane Tease, A++++++++++
I have known Deb for a lonnnng time and could think of no one else that I would have wanted to do my hair on my wedding day.  She of course did not disappoint.  Everyone looked wonderful and she went over and above what I expected.  When she finished our hair (and we headed down to the wedding) she even called room service to clean up our room.  I love Deb and Nikki her assistant!!

Flowers
Riverside Floral Co....A++++++
My flowers were gorgeous Suzanne listened to everything i wanted and provided it wonderfully.  My bouquet was perfect!  The ceremony site looked gorgeous....as well as the reception hall..It was really windy so Suzanne even stayed to make sure nothing bad happened to our ceremony set up!!

Reception Hall
Seaview Country Club, Galloway, NJ  A-
I must really explain this one.  Everything was simply gorgeous and amazing and wonderful...It was everything I hoped for and more EXCEPT for the wedding coordinator Jessica.  She was useless and completely absent the day of the wedding. She came up to our bridal suite at about 1 pm and asked if we needed anything.  I asked her if we could please have some water....(which i felt should have been provided to the bridal suite)....so over an hour later i had to send my father down to the front desk to try and find jessica to get me water that i still havent received.  about a half an hour later, i get a cart of water with 2 bottles of champagne....very nice....well this morning when i check out i get a charge to my room for $98 for the champagne???!!! Seriously???!!!!!  Oh and she left the reception at about 8 pm.....all she was good for was lining us up because her timing wasnt even right on the bridal party

If you are thinking of having your wedding here keep in mind a few things...it was recently purchased by Stockton College, they are planning a major remodel in january/february, there are talks of converting half the hotel to dorm rooms.  Our wedding was wonderful.  The Maitre D we had was Russell and he was there for us the entire evening and was very nice.  Other than the wedding coordinator i have no complaints and was extremely pleased with everything!!  the place is gorgeous!! Hope they dont change too much when they renovate.

Rehearsal Dinner
Smithville Inn A++++
This place is extremely intimate.  We had a private room and were seperated from the main dining room, but actually felt like we were in a family member living room! The food was fabulous and our server Mike was great!! He had a fantastic personality!!  If you are looking for a quaint homey place Smithville Inn is definately a place to consider.

Photo Booth
Party Booths, Inc. A
This was the least stressful part of the entire evening.  They set up showed up and the guests began enjoying the photo booth.  Im so glad i brought props for the booth.  Our attendant was extremely good!  They are based out of Las Vegas, but do weddings all over the country. I would highly recommend them.  Each guest gets a copy and you get a copy of each picture available online...So you can print the ones you want!  Good times!

Band
Swagger A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok so words cannot explain  how awesome this band was.  Arturo was so great working the crowd and getting our guests up to dance.  There are only a few things that people will remember from weddings and the band/DJ is one of them.  All of our guests were praising the band.  Young and old had a great fabulous time and our dance floor was full from the minute we walked in the door!!  I would highly recommend them to anyone for any occassion big or small.

Photographer:
Paul Dempsey Photography A
The only reason he's only getting an A and no pluses is because I havent seen my pictures yet LOL....i mean after all I just got married yesterday!!  He was fabulous to work with and took any picture I asked for!!  Our photo sign in frame was included as was our engagment shoot....I cant say enough nice things....I will re review when I get some proofs.

Minister/Pastor
Andy Mahaney A+++
One of the other things guests remember is your ceremony.  Andy was awesome for not knowing us very well he made the ceremony so personalized and so "us".  We could not be happier with the outcome!  Our guests were all raving about the ceremony and how great it was....we even made our guests laugh a few times!

Thats all I have for now I wanted to post this as soon as I could while it was fresh in my mind.  If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to email me at courtney@barracudasbait.com.... keep in mind i am leaving for my honeymoon tomorrow so it may take me a bit to get back to you!!

I hope this helps you as other vendor reviews helped me!!

Courtney
BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg

Re: Vendor Reviews!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

How did you find the pricing on the flowers, photo booth, and band? Fair?

Impatiently Waiting...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry it took so long for me to get back to you...i was on my honeymoon!! the photobooth was $895 for 4 hours...our florist was very very reasonable...and the band uhmazing.....and very fair with price....if you need to contact any of them let me know i have all of their information!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards