Offbeat Weddings

Brides Against Marble Floors and Crystal Chandeliers

Hello out there.  I am looking for an inexpensive, non-traditional wedding venue in Northern New Jersey or NYC.  So far, almost every venue I have looked at is extremely formal (marble floors and crystal chandeliers which are way too formal for me) or extremely pricey.  I would like to keep the cost per person under $100 but I'm also not really into DIY or making lots of decisions.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

Re: Brides Against Marble Floors and Crystal Chandeliers

• Gustafson28Gustafson28 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    Hi Dani! Your local board on the left might be able to help you more. This is an international board so few people will be from your area. I hope you find something! I wanted to avoid that look too. Have you thought of having it outside? Local museums might have the feel you are looking for too. Barns can be really. Pretty for rustic weddings
  • Hi Dani! I'm not from your area but I found a few venue ideas for you:

click me 

click me 

click me 

click me  

click me I think this one has the marble floors but there's a ton of outdoor space as well  

Sorry if these are not in northern NJ or over your price, no one seems to like putting prices on their websites. Good luck with finding your venue! 

• NYC or NJ area....have you asked any loft style club venues if they would be available?  They have the decor, and are definitely not marble floor, but do have bar, etc.

I bet if you spend an afternoon collecting e-mails or fax #s of all the big cool clubs near you, and draft one all purpose inquiry letter, you'll get a yes response.  I would only say that you should probably prepare to have your wedding during the day - brunch afterwards?  because they'll still want to maybe have dancing at night.

Another idea - a yacht club, a wedding on a boat

Another idea - a state or national park - how about Central Park, reception coordinated with a half dozen food trucks?  Mounted NYC police and yourself on a horse, an amazing entry -  Give "I love (heart) NY" t-shirts or mugs as favors? 

Another idea - the MET, MOMA, or similar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards