Gay Weddings
Options

HELP!!

we have been engaged for about 6 months and just started planning the wedding...our theme is rainbow and we have a lot of the details planned out but as for location thats where we are stumped...since we live in a state that doesnt recognize gay marriage we are running into many road blocks when trying to find a location...any ideas??

Re: HELP!!

• Options
    Do you know anyone with an acreage or a big backyard?
  • Options
    I would ask on your local board for venue recommendations, then call the recommended vendors and ask about their openness to a same-sex ceremony.  The worst they can do is say no, and you may find ones that are totally supportive.
  • Options
    nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    My thought is maybe you should think of places that are public funded. Places such as a art gallery, college, convention center, botanical garden, park, or community center. If all else fails book an hotel banquet room. Remember this is your day and wherever you and your FI are then it will be great.......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a Portland based wedding photographer and I haven't shot any same sex marriages before but I really want to! In my research I came across this website for a LGBT Bridal Show in Portland. Unfortunatley it has already happened but if you contact them they may be able to give you some good info on venues!  Good Luck and Congrat!!!

• Options
    We are in the same boat being in Ohio. We are considering a destination wedding so it's legal, but then it wouldn't be legal when we come back. However, I have heard there are ways to still change your name, make wills, combine everything, etc. It doesn't hurt to contact a lawyer to see what you can do. That's what we want to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Check out gayweddings.com! They provide a list of gay friendly venues and vendors when you choose your state. I had the same problem here in Virginia and now I've found a gorgeous site! Good luck to you guys!!
  • Options
    Hi, friends, I am nondenominational wedding officiant in eastern Iowa. One of my specialities is helping gay and lesbian couples plan a lovely ceremony.  If you live out of state,   I can help you with all of the arrangements to have your gay wedding ceremony here in Iowa, where ALL couples can marry.  See my Wedding Page website at www.facebook.com/liferituals and contact me at cbarts4@aol.com to answer any of your questions about getting married in Iowa.  Lots of the couples I marry return home to ahve their dream wedding reception with all of their friends and family!

Thanks,

Cathy Bolkcom
    Wedding Officiant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards