December 2013 Weddings

Did you guys see the Globe's new pics from the gulf?

These pics are heartbreaking.  They made me cry this morning.

Lori, mom to Avery born 4.3.07
my read shelf:
Lori's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Did you guys see the Globe's new pics from the gulf?

• sorry, I don't know how to do clicky links over here.
    Lori, mom to Avery born 4.3.07
    my read shelf:
    Lori's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I saw the first pic and stopped.  I can't handle it, I'm too much of a puss.
  • I was watching the news this morning and they showed pictures of pelicans covered in sludge.  I had a full blown meltdown.
  • no can doody...I will cry
  • I have never been much of an animal person but these pics are downright heartbreaking.

imageimageimage

ExerciseMilestone
  • Does the oil that BP drills go to only BP gas stations?
  • That is absolutely HEARTBREAKING!  Why did I look at that? Cry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh god....thats so devestating.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-guys-see-globes-new-pics-gulf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:3c307e04-2d68-4be4-8d2c-abf8da4c1744Post:725c1608-8b5f-48aa-aec8-b15faacf93ce">Re: Did you guys see the Globe's new pics from the gulf?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does the oil that BP drills go to only BP gas stations?
    Posted by majorwife[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but there are some BP's around here that their gas is about $.20 higher than everyone else.  Another BP has closed.  THen some are normal.  But, really gas stations don't make diddly squat off their gas, it's their mark up on food/cigarettes/drinks that make them money.
  • I cry over cartoon anmials in cartoon puppy mills when I'm not knocked up. No way am I clicking that link.
    Team Basement Cat imageKnitting&Kitties
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-guys-see-globes-new-pics-gulf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:3c307e04-2d68-4be4-8d2c-abf8da4c1744Post:392fdcc1-484a-4883-acba-a8eebb02b126">Re: Did you guys see the Globe's new pics from the gulf?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw the first pic and stopped.  I can't handle it, I'm too much of a puss.
    Posted by mighty mia[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just couldn't do it.
    So it goes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_did-guys-see-globes-new-pics-gulf?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:3c307e04-2d68-4be4-8d2c-abf8da4c1744Post:d46ff0fb-da49-48e5-9ce1-f7f7fd6a2a08">Re: Did you guys see the Globe's new pics from the gulf?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woohoo, I can reply! " But, really gas stations don't make diddly squat off their gas, it's their mark up on food/cigarettes/drinks that make them money. " This is true.  They just make pennies on the gallon.  BUT that doesn't mean BP or other oil companies aren't making good money on the sale to the gas stations. Practically no mark up on cigarettes either - they just want the addicts to keep coming in and hope they'll buy some soda which has a huge markup.
    Posted by sandsonik[/QUOTE]

I heard an NPR story on gas stations and the owner said that bottled water has the biggest markup of anything he sold but that he made the most money off of cigs.  Interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards