Georgia-Atlanta

GA vs OH?!?

(I wasnt so sure were on the boards to post this!)

I've currently lived in GA for the past yr now in Savannah and I love it here! I've been to atlanta several times and really want to have my wedding in either of the two cities. However, i've only been here for a yr and a large majoirty of my guests are from Ohio since thats where i've lived my entire life. I'm really afraid of people not coming to the wedding since its out of state but GA is so gorgeous!

so any advice? I love GA but i'm just so worried that half my guest list won't come. am I crazy or should I try to have the wedding up north? Thanks!

~Doreen

Re: GA vs OH?!?

• edited December 2011
    I would say it's pretty certain that you will have fewer people attend if you host it in GA.  However it's hard to say how many fewer without knowing your family.  My FH's family is all coming from out of town but I know almost all will come.  If you think, knowing your family/friends, that many will not come then you have to weigh what's more important - location or attendance.
    Photobucket
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_ga-vs-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:34dab584-9fee-460f-bf0b-95b1ccb62f3dPost:ee5d814a-058f-40d5-b772-95d2811fd4b8">Re: GA vs OH?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say it's pretty certain that you will have fewer people attend if you host it in GA.  However it's hard to say how many fewer without knowing your family.  My FH's family is all coming from out of town but I know almost all will come.  If you think, knowing your family/friends, that many will not come then you have to weigh what's more important - location or attendance.
    Posted by belletop[/QUOTE]

Couldnt have said it better myself.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • JRSondayJRSonday member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We had this same predicament (almost, I'm from MI), and we decided to have it in MI and have a GA reception/open house. More people that were important to us could make the MI wedding, and the friends who can't make it up to MI will make it to our "reception" in October.

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards