Florida-Central Florida

Ceremony Music

What ceremony music did you use/ are going to use? We are just having an organist at the church for the music. I have NO idea what I want, I have just been instructed by FMIL no Cannon in D. I don't really care because I have no idea what I want, that is just the only regulation/idea I have about the music.
I am meeting with the organist on Tuesday and I want to have some ideas so I don't get overwhelmed when I am trying to decide (FI can't come with me to the meeting).

Re: Ceremony Music

• edited December 2011
    We are doing a mix of classical pieces (which your organist will likely have) and nontraditional songs. Our classical songs are "Trumpet Tune" for the guys to come in to, "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" for bridesmaids... I don't think it's very "traditional" but I could be wrong (my mom chose it so I don't know) but the mom's are walking in to the song "The Prayer". There are a ton of websites that list suggestions for ceremony music, just go on youtube & search some songs you find to see what you like. Good luck!! The music can be kind of overwhelming with SOOOO many choices, I was lucky to have a close friend who is also a violinst who will be playing our wedding so she helped me decide. 
  • edited December 2011
    We had all classic, sacred music played by our organist. Hard to remember it all but off the top of my head: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring; Sleepers Awake!; Sheep May Safely Graze; Ave Maria; Amazing Grace; Air on the G String; Where'er You Walk; Hornpipe from Water Music; and Ode to Joy.

Here's the link to the page on my planning bio that had our music list: http://sites.google.com/site/gatorwhitz/thisandthat
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards