Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Any suggestions?

We're just looking for someone who will grill up some hot dogs and hamburgers for our reception.  We've looked into personal chefs but they all have their own agenda and menus; plus,they're really expensive.  We're on an extremely tight  budget. Any ideas?  We're in central mass.

Re: Any suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a culinary school near you?  you could see what students would charge  you.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pay a friend to do it. Someone who you know, but aren't that close to. This way they won't miss anything while they are cooking the food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Craigslist.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try asking on your local board for suggestions.  We have caterers in my area that will do hamburgers and hot dogs, a couple of sides, drinks, and dessert for a reasonable price (although not sure how tight you mean by tight budget). 
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    For a graduation one year, we looked into local fast food restaurants that would do this.  If you have a Culver's in your area, you may want to explore that.  Our Chicago area Culver's has a mobile cart for parties and you can have all sorts of things grilled on site.  They offered several "per person" options.
  • Options
    DawnB12DawnB12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  These are good ideas.  By tight, I meant,we could only afford to pay someone around $100 to cook.  We're buying all the food, condiments, cutlery, plates and napkins at the supermarket.  It works out to just under $5 per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards