Favors
Options

Favors "matching" the wedding?

Ok ladies, I'm new at this, and everything involved with planning a wedding for that matter! I'm looking for opinions on wedding favors. Do you guys think that the wedding favor should/has to "match" with your wedding theme? I'm having a summer wedding with sort of a vintage twist, but I have fallen in love with s'mores for the wedding favors. I'm not sure if they go together at all....but I don't know. All the weddings I've been to just have the little bags of jelly beans, so I've never seen anything else! Please help me out (:     Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors "matching" the wedding?

• Options
    S'mores sound awesome for a wedding favor! 
  • Options
    Your day, do what you want! Smores would be very cute and you could always tie a ribbon of the colors you are using around the baggy.
  • Options
    I guess I'm confused as to how you're going to do this.

1 Hershey Bar, 2 marshmallows, and 2 graham crackers per guest in a baggie to take home?

OR

Are you giving guests the option to make the s'mores at your reception?

If it is the take home option, I'm not sure I would even take one. If it's the make at the reception option, I doubt I'd participate due to the "messy" factor. If I'm all dressed up, I don't want my hands/face covered in melted chocolate & marshmallow.

Just my two cents.
  • Options

They would be to take home, and my fiancé was going to write a poem on the little card to send with them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-matching-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:994dbcec-228d-4d0f-afc7-3a5fa9c2b807Post:c6d90fdc-c224-4bf4-9571-dacb6f0fc976">Re: Favors "matching" the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They would be to take home, and my fiancé was going to write a poem on the little card to send with them.
    Posted by Talyah Mckayle[/QUOTE]

In that case, I truly don't know what I would do with the ingredients to make one s'more.

Is it the <em>flavor</em> of s'mores that you and FI like? If so, you could have s'more flavored truffles or fudge made. Much easier to eat, and still unique. You could place them in a box or treat bag in your wedding colors.
  • Options
    I love s'mores. I would love a s'mores favor. I've thought about s'mores favors for my wedding also. I thought about a s'mores on a stick. Marshmallow dipped in melted chocolate than rolled in crushed graham crackers. You won't please everyone. Edible favors are said to be best. No matter what you do, chances are you'll have some left. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love s'mores and think it's a nice "match" to a summer wedding.  Inevitably some may get left behind, but that's going to be the case no matter what you choose.

I really like the s'mores-on-a-stick idea and Stage's suggestion of little bride and groom marshmallows is fabulous!  Wilton sells food coloring markers that you can get from a craft store (with a coupon!) that might make the decorating easier.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-matching-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:994dbcec-228d-4d0f-afc7-3a5fa9c2b807Post:e52e55dc-b31b-44fe-8f8d-8c4befda2cdc">Favors "matching" the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok ladies, I'm new at this, and everything involved with planning a wedding for that matter! I'm looking for opinions on wedding favors. Do you guys think that the wedding favor should/has to "match" with your wedding theme? I'm having a summer wedding with sort of a vintage twist, but I have fallen in love with s'mores for the wedding favors. I'm not sure if they go together at all....but I don't know. All the weddings I've been to just have the little bags of jelly beans, so I've never seen anything else! Please help me out (:     Thanks!
    Posted by Talyah Mckayle[/QUOTE]

honestly I love the idea but I know it's not practical if I expect my guests to actually use it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I've actually been wondering the same thing! We had a similar idea -- we are going a grand entrance with sparklers, so we were thinking a sparkler and a s'mores bag at each seat. but s'mores have nothing to do with our wedding. However, I'm using the logic that we are having a June wedding, and June = summer, summer = camping, camping = fires and fires = s'mores, ahaha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards